Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bench testing electric

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 08:57 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bench testing electric

2004 rear wiper motor 3 pin connector on motor, which color is positive 12v wire

Old 09-28-2014, 11:15 AM
Three Wheeling

So the park connector (brown/yellow) on the motor with power turns on and rotates back and forth a small bit. The 3 pin center I assume is ground (green) but touching either side just Sparks and nothing else. Left side is green and red which from rave seems to be power but spark and heat a bad sign!
Am I testing it correctly? If park works shouldn't motor? There is 14v at connector in rear door on left and center, multimeter on center and Y/B on right shows nothing.
Any help here would be appreciated

Old 09-28-2014, 11:38 AM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by GGhost
So the park connector (brown/yellow) on the motor with power turns on and rotates back and forth a small bit. The 3 pin center I assume is ground (green) but touching either side just Sparks and nothing else. Left side is green and red which from rave seems to be power but spark and heat a bad sign!
Am I testing it correctly? If park works shouldn't motor? There is 14v at connector in rear door on left and center, multimeter on center and Y/B on right shows nothing.
Any help here would be appreciated
Someone might come along and help you with testing specifics. Be careful what you do as the whole rear wiper system is extremely complicated for what it is and interdependent on the windshield wipers.

The interlocks to my recollection are:

• Rear wiper operates alone
  • Intermittent rear wiper (sychronised with windshield wiper)
  • Reverse gear initiated rear wiper.
  • Stroke sychronisation with the windshield wipers (otherwise you'd get driven mad)

If you checkout the wipers electrical circuitry in the RAVE manual you may understand the sequence which (I may stand corrected) is linked also to the BCU (Body Control Unit) which is yet another ECU. It drove me mad so better luck

Old 09-28-2014, 11:54 AM
Three Wheeling

Overly complicated... Next step would be direct wire with an on off switch!!!
Kidding