Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black tube behind DII spare tire

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 10:45 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 58 Likes on 55 Posts

1st choice is to use all new tube if it was mine,, & yes U need to opene rear cover ,
2nd & other choices are , only if U can't take cover out ,
& putting plastic connector... Not unless have no choice,

(One piece tube if in good shape, is better than 2 pieces with plastic connector)

Old 07-08-2015, 09:17 AM
Mudding
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bom2oo2
1st choice is to use all new tube if it was mine,, & yes U need to opene rear cover ,
2nd & other choices are , only if U can't take cover out ,
& putting plastic connector... Not unless have no choice,

(One piece tube if in good shape, is better than 2 pieces with plastic connector)
Thanks. I'm trying to avoid opening the rear door panel. But does anyone know if this is a lot of work?

I think the next best choice is to re-use the old rubber washer tube. Do you know if the new washer tube on the wiper arm can be removed?

Old 07-08-2015, 11:03 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 58 Likes on 55 Posts

Yes new tube can be removed from arm, But first make sure old tube is long enough , & hasn't been cut.

Old 07-10-2015, 09:14 AM
Mudding
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Dear forum guys,

Success! Thank you very much for your help guys!

I ended up re-using the existing washer tube. It would be too much work to open up the rear door panel just for the sake of attaching the new washer tube on the new wiper arm to the washer fluid nozzle inside the door.

Here are the steps to remove the new washer tube from the wiper arm:
1. Gently pry out the plastic nozzle from the arm using a small flathead screwdriver.
2. Plastic holders secure the washer tube to the wiper arm. Use your small flat head screwdriver to carefully pry out the tube from these holders.
3. The black spring on the wiper arm applies pressure to the wiper against the rear door glass. Leave the spring alone. The washer tube goes inside the spring. Slide the tube out.
4. As mentioned in the previous post, make sure the existing washer tube is not cut and at least the same length as the new tube. Install the existing washer tube to the new wiper arm in the reverse order when you removed it.
5. Install the wiper arm where the blade rests parallel to the bumper, i.e., 0 or 180 degrees. You may need to apply slight force to insert the wiper arm into the wiper motor.

Thanks