Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brain Trust

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 06:09 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Default RE: Brain Trust

Thank you LSU, once they thought that they would get into trouble with our landlord they shoveled.
When I called him the first time he told me that they are consently late on their rent. Of course he was not supposed to tell me that...so shhh.
Now we have gotten 2 moer inches of snow and another 6 on the way tonight.
I blew out my driveway and shoveled infront of the mailboxes so that we could still get our mail delivered.
I shoveled infront of theirs too.
I hate disrespectful unconsiderate people.
We are looking for a new place, they have woken up our 14 month old at 10:30 at night more than once in the last month, trash laying everywhere, coming and going at all hours with a loud exhaust. It is beyond crazy.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:43 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Unfortunately those kind of people will stay until the landlord forces them out. And even then they'll just leave all the trash and junk that is making the place look terrible. They leave their mark where ever they go. It sounds like the landlord doesn't care if they're late as long as he gets his money. You'll have to catch him the day after the rent is due when they still haven't paid and he's ticked about to get things done. Maybe if you complain at the right time he'll get rid of them and save you from having to move.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:59 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My dad is a landlord in Massachusetts and here it is pretty much impossible to evict someone, and for every 5 tenants he gets only one will consistently pay rent, and take care of the home.

One of them literally had paths from room to room in the house with **** piled around 3 feet high everywhere else

another one painted every wall a combination of orange and green

the only trick to getting them evicted is to have a paycheck sent to one of the parts of the house (he owns mostly two families) and the law says if you are living (and a paycheck will prove you are, even if you really aren't ) in the place you can evict anyone anytime.

Don't you love people?

Old 01-15-2009, 07:06 PM
Team Owner

ORIGINAL: tomfraser

Just read through the thread and the only options are really:

4. (SIMPLEST) bite the bullet and spend the extra 10 minutes and do it for the bastards
Tom-I had been doing this right up until Christmas week, he gets laid off for 2-3 weeks every year, factory shut down and all.
They are from the east side of Michigan where they get half the annual snow fall of us.
The day he got laid off is the day that they left for home for2 weeks, that is also the day that we got 36" of snow in 24 hours.
They were kind enough to shovel two paths so that they could leave with their Blazer.
One path for each tire.
I got home after a 15 hour day working in a blizzard, cold, hungery, tired, wet...
By the time I got home the snow was so deep and heavy that it took me over a hour to clear just my side.
We did not know they were going to be gone.
We couldnt use their driveway for the2 weeks that they were gone.
Then 2 days before they returned the temps rose to 60+with rain and melted all the snow and because there was so much snow and rain it flooded our basement.
Their driveway was now clear. No need for them to shovel.
They skate through life. No need to work when everything is done for them.
These are the people who strive for nothing, they live only for today and do not plan for the future, you and I take care of everything for them, we shovel their driveway, we buy their food, we pick up after them, they have no asperations in life, she smokes, he chews.
If you looked up white trash in Wikepedia you would find a pic of them.
I am fed up with doing their work for them.
We have a nice flower garden behind our garage, bird bath, driftwood...you know the kind.
Butter flys, birds, bunnies, migrating ducks...not anymore. Their kids trampled it.
And they have only been living here for 6 months. Place is trashed.
The light in their garage has been on since they moved in.
I have to move bikes when I need to leave for work in the morning because the kids leave them laying in the driveway all night.
My wife and I are tired of being nice, our hospitallity has run out and it is time to call in a couple of hard hitting pipe motherfreaker's and get medievil on their @ss's.
I am at my wits end.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:09 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you say white trash in wikipedia?? you should post a picture of them in that very spot. that would be hilarious!!!

Old 01-15-2009, 07:16 PM
Team Owner

Disco Stew, ur, I mean Dave, that would be hilarious.
And AK, you are 100% correct, these people will leave their mark, and our landlord is the kind who only care if he gets the rent.
Here in MI it is very easy to evict people, he does it all the time at his other properties.
But with this being his most expensive rental he wants to keep it occupid.