Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can anyone tell me what this code means?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 10:17 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Savannah Buzz
Should be OK. Plugs and wires will be a big help. If you download the RAVE, you can search it (I use it as a pdf file) for a code number and it will find it if it is in there. Generic readers sometimes are close, but no cigar.
Yeah, I'm aware of the generic codes situation. The only reason why I was questioning that one, particular code was because I also got the ultra-generic P0300 multiple random misfire code along with the P1300 code with a different description. Come to think of it, I don't know if I even saw the P0300 code in the RAVE manual??? I could be wrong though. Anyway, thanks VERY much for the help! As always, it is very much appreciated!
I just wanted to be certain I wasn't missing something, I don't exactly ENJOY removing my upper intake manifold, daily, if you know what I mean. I didn't want to get new wires, and a plenum gasket and put it all back together only to realise that there IS some "terminal" that controls the ignition adjustment that is unplugged and I'm just missing it. It's an easy job and all but, I just want to get the thing done. (it's not getting any warmer in the Northeast right now!!) That's all, so again, thank you SO much for your help... All of you! I appreciate it more than I can explain. We'll see what a set of shiny, brand new, 8mm wires does for the bomb-on-wheels!

Old 10-19-2011, 10:24 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Look over these pages, which explain in detail what happens with misfire monitor. The P1319 code is used on Range Rover for low fuel level condition, but is not listed for Disco. From Bosch documents for engine management 99 - 2004.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
d2 misfire.pdf (1.13 MB, 110 views)