Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cannibal V8 - Anyone with experience with them

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 07:00 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

is this the process that only your buddy does:

Engine block is flowed with a high-temp ceramic coating and placed under above-normal operating pressure for 24 hours to cure. This process is used to remedy the block's porosity and is a common practice in today's high performance engines as it improves the block's ability to displace heat, preventing warping and cracking.

No, No; cannibal does it better right.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:05 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sounds more like you're involved with Cannibal. You just joined the forum and have made two posts and you're already attacking a senior members opinion. You're also making misleading statements about what he said.

You've got a credibility gap my friend. Just saying.

Based on the article I read, I would NEVER get involved with CannibalV8. It IS the same company.

Car companies offer warranties longer than that. Why would it be suspicious?

Here's another link to a cannibal discussion:

http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/7-r...-cannibal.html

And another one where apparently YOU posted:

http://www.landroversonly.com/forums...-engine-59647/

Last edited by gprtech; 03-20-2013 at 09:58 AM. Reason: added link
Old 03-20-2013, 09:46 AM
Mudding

itt, clowns fist fighting with other clowns

Old 03-21-2013, 07:42 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Nothing against Cannibal...my level of concern with their former business practices not withstanding, it's not enough to keep me from using them if I didn't have other alternatives. They don't hold a candle to the experience levels at D&D Fab (who actually makes some of the parts Cannibal uses in the engine rebuild) or JE Robinson. In the end, Great Plains seemed to provide the best mix of experience, quality, customer service, warranty and testimonials from others. Whether or not I did my homework will become aparent mid Apr

Old 03-21-2013, 07:49 AM
Baja

good luck with it, I love to see some pix when it comes in

Old 03-21-2013, 10:06 AM
Mudding

*asterisk

Old 03-21-2013, 10:31 AM
Baja

No, it is directly out of the GPR description of what they do to every block no charge.

I guess they stole that when they stole everything else from cannibal.

Strange; my machine shop says they have been doing this the aluminum blocks for over 10-years, so I guess they must have stolen it from Cannibal first.

You say you are here because "I felt bad for the newbie that would read your crap and feel its gospel" if your here to help with your 30-years of LR experience why is it your only posts here and on other sights are in defense of cannibal.

Where is all that experience & wisdom you want to share?

I think I have to agree with the other poster I think you’re a little too involved with cannibal.

Also if you haven’t noticed the original poster already made his decision and it wasn’t cannibal. So you can go back to lurking, until you see another possible engine sale.

Last edited by drowssap; 03-21-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:33 AM
Rock Crawling

I was wondering when another one of these threads would come along.

Old 03-21-2013, 01:16 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by SGeorge

D&D is a high-end engine place and yes are good but comes with many asterick marks, and they still get parts from Cannibal, not the other way around as you describe (genius)!

SG
I've really tried to just lay out broad strokes here so folks can make up their own minds, but you called me out, so...D&D makes the hot cams Cannibal used on the 4.6 rebuild, as well as other parts for other engines that don't really concern me. The entire reason I called D&D in the first place was because Cannibal could not answer some of my tech questions about the engine and referred me to Mark at D&D (you should read his bio!)

Kuddo's to your 30 years experience but your intel needs a little work.

Old 03-22-2013, 12:48 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by SGeorge
Dan, yes D&D is a huge custom engine fab place..I have dealt with D&D before, but if you would read my post you will notice they come with hefty price, not too mention I dont like dealing with Mark too much because he is arrogant as it gets - not my style. But yes, D&D is very good at what they do..

Drow: you are very sure to ignore the questions I presented and the reasons. As I said before, I outlined 3 great engine shops. However, yours is not one of them. Stolen technology and know-how does not make you great. sorry. In addition, you have gone out of your way to try and destroy Cannibal. I find that quite telling and sad. I've known the great engine builders in the rover world for years. A) your not one of them B) there is plenty of selection, not just one. Apparently, there are a few "senior" members on this board who know everything. There is no sense in posting here to help newbies, they are not here!

So enjoy your space. you can have the last word.
I, for one, will really miss you.

Quick Reply: Cannibal V8 - Anyone with experience with them