Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

check engine light after Sea Foam

Old 03-14-2018, 12:04 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To all the replies

oh yes! You know I never thought of that. And I did replace the brake light switch a few months back but then when the Limp mode started it was parked for like a month and in dec when I got back around to fixing it that’s exactly when my red brake light came on and I couldn’t figure out why. I have replaced the whole master brake cylinder as well. I only poured half can seafoam into oil and other half into the gas (I read the directions and did it then came here and saw everyone saying one can each) but I didn’t really see a lot of black smoke or anything however I was hoping too :-/ but I did see more smoke coming from exhaust than normal and it is windy and cold as heck here so maybe that kept me from seeing Black idk but I drove to the store and it did seem more quiet. But once again getting back in from the store~ turn key~ click~ I was like dang so I put the groceries in and figured I would have to put in N and roll it a bit fwd then start it cause that’s what works but I turned the key and started right up :-( I mean it was good but man I just dk what could be causing that but so other than that~ o2 sensors and figuring out this red brake light, Rover is doing wayyyy better than before when I had been posting asking. Oh wait I do have a new post no one has replied on maybe you guys could help 🤷*♀️ Lol but hmm noticed a missing vacuum hose or so I think. I added photos too so if anyone has the time to check my post out I would really appreciate it!

Thank you all
Melissa

Old 03-14-2018, 12:08 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Motorhead1
I would replace the bad O2 sensor, and it sounds like you have a faulty brake light switch possibly, or it needs to be adjusted? The brake light switch is a common faulty part on Discos, I personally haven't had to mess with one yet. Seafoam will not fix an O2 problem.
Oh I know it won’t I only wanted to do the seafoam for like the clean out and noisy lifters etc. seemed to work but yes you’re right I need to replace those. I pulled my book out and I guess I just have to pull every single fuse out one at a time? And inspect to see if any are bad and as for 02 sensors how do you know which is bad?

thanks!
melissa

Old 03-14-2018, 12:10 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by number9
Might be some crap in/around your handbrake switch? Should be easy to check both switches with a meter.
Ok ty for all that info! I will check into that however some things you guys say are foreign to me such as meter? Lol but I usually google or ask O’Reilly or a friend

thanks!
Melissa

Old 03-14-2018, 05:09 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 189 Likes on 184 Posts

foreign to me such as meter?
Volt/Ohm meter or VOM. Today you mostly see digital ones or DVOMs.