Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cleaned TB per instructions, now engine is locked

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 09:22 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll apologize up front being a newb (to this forum anyway) and getting into this post. As Discowest has stated what is done is done and very unfortunate. However all must understand that forums are a GREAT place to get both good and bad advice as they are opinions of
knowledgeable people, enthusiasts, or those trying to help (but shouldn't). Again, OPINION is the key. Malice is very rarely ever the intent of a post or good faith response. Risk in following these opinions should be assumed and fact verified through a WIS whenever possible. Forums are a wonderful community and can be helpful to everyone from the Indie, BYHBM or DIY'r as we come across issues and opportunities while we are enjoying our chosen marques.

BYHBM = Back Yard Hill Billy Mechanic (me) also a wrench by trade.

Old 03-27-2010, 09:10 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Spike555
When I said "dont be cheap, use the whole can" did I say to spray the whole can into the intake?
No.
Spray the whole can on whatever is dirty, if you just stand there and empty the whole can into the intake then you are a idiot.
By the time a normal person cleans the outside of the t-body and then gets to the inside there should only be maybe half a can left.
I guess I should have figured in the idiot factor to huh?
Wrong again. You should only spray carb cleaner inside the TB. Spraying it all over everything that is dirty will dry out your seals and cause leaks. You should use a penetrating lubricant on the linkage so it doesn't sieze up. Not carb cleaner. You can use it to clean, but you MUST lubricate after. Personally, I like Seafoam Deep Creep.