Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cluster Lights/Wiring Harness/Relay Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 01:03 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cluster Lights/Wiring Harness/Relay Question

I have a '97 and when I turn my headlights on the cluster and indicator lights go out. When the headlights are off the cluster and indicator lights work. I've found that this is related to fuse #8 blowing and when this happens my right rear taillights go out as well. I've read on here of this exact issue happening to someone and it was related to a ground issue located in one of the kicker panels. I PM the poster but have had no response. I removed both panels and am not having much luck finding a faulty ground visually. Does anyone have any insight as to where the ground for these connections are? I believe the glove box light is included also if this helps.

When I removed the right side (passenger) kicker panel I noticed a red connector coming from a bundled harness that appears to go to a relay. However there is no relay under there and some corrosion has started on the mysterious connector. Does anyone know what this should go to also?

Thanks for any help

Bryan

Old 04-18-2009, 06:36 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

if you could put a picture up of the mysterious connector with the corrosion that would help me understand what you are talking about, however I would start cleaning there, also I would go buy either a wire brush (either the tooth brush kind or the drill bit kind if you have a drill) and actually remove, clean (till the point that you have shiny silver metal) and reattach all of the ground points that you can find in each kick panel.