Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Columbia Overland Dual Battery Tray

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2021, 07:14 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who sale the dual battery tray , i need one

Originally Posted by willrok13
For those of you with an '03 or '04 disco II, I thought I would let you know the Columbia Overland dual battery tray can be made to work with our vehicles--with a slight mod.

I got with Howard at Columbia and talked with him about what it would take to mod one of their trays to work with the 03-04 vehicles. He wasn't sure if it would work or not, and sent me one.

As you would expect, there isn't much of a difference, other than the fact that there is a hole in the front bulkhead to create an access point for the right front headlamp. This is where the pre-2002 Columbia Overland battery trays have a mounting point for a bracket to support the front of the tray. All I did was cut a small piece of aluminum and pop-rivet it in to an existing hole in the front end. I will probably change the pop-rivet out for a rivnut and stainless hardware, but it serves its purpose for now just so I know everything fits. Now to get another Optima!

Also, I relocated the windshield washer bottle and mounted it behind the new tray. There is a washer bottle kit available on Amazon for like $15. Fits perfect!
where you found the tray?