Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

At a complete loss with different codes. Need HELP :)

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 06:57 AM
TReK
Received 762 Likes on 630 Posts

Originally Posted by rcdoeshair
Not sure if this changes anything but the part that's circled, (this is a Google pic as it's dark here, but mine is not connected to anything. I believe it's supposed to go to the SAI canister?? I found the hard plastic line that comes from the canister and I believe is supposed to hook up to this valve, but it wasn't connected to anything .when I hooked it up to this valve, the engine ran like ****! The idle speed was low .
What pic are you referring to? I don't see anything in this thread that is circled. The only images are your sensor screenshots.

Old 11-21-2018, 10:00 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mollusc
What pic are you referring to? I don't see anything in this thread that is circled. The only images are your sensor screenshots.

Sorry. For some reason it didn't upload. Let's see if this works.

Old 11-21-2018, 10:27 AM
TReK

Yes, that line is one of the ones that is supposed to go to the SAI unit. I don't remember which end of the unit it goes to.
On my older truck that doesn't have SAI, that port is simply capped.

Old 11-21-2018, 11:43 AM
Three Wheeling

Yes, that line is one of the ones that is supposed to go to the SAI unit. I don't remember which end of the unit it goes to.
On my older truck that doesn't have SAI, that port is simply capped.
That's what I thought .I believe I had it connected before and it ran like s***. I'm about to run around so I connected the SAI tube and will check codes and try to get a video of the it's.

Old 11-21-2018, 11:59 AM
TReK

I would be surprised if it ran worse with the hose connected, since with it unconnected you've basically got a massive vacuum leak in your intake.

Old 11-21-2018, 03:04 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Friday Night Disco
Did any of the codes come back?
So I drove about 50 miles today and here are the logged and pending codes that I had at the end of my trip. I am also working on getting the videos uploaded. I have extremely slow internet so hopefully they will upload before I give up on this truck. LOL

Here are the logged codes

Here are the 2 pending codes

Old 11-21-2018, 03:07 PM
Three Wheeling

I would be surprised if it ran worse with the hose connected, since with it unconnected you've basically got a massive vacuum leak in your intake.
This truck is driving me crazy lol. One minute it will idle fine and then the next stop it's rough as can be and you can just smell the fuel in the exhaust. I'm working on getting a video uploaded that will show the difference in how it runs with it connected and then I disconnect it. Hopefully this stupid internet here in the middle of nowhere MO won't die before they upload. Lol

Old 11-21-2018, 03:38 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I had some of the same issues. Misfires, leak detection pump, rough idle, smell, o2 sensors, maf, etc. turned out to be a bad purge valve. Got a Hyundai 911-800, replaced it for $21 and all went away and never returned.

Old 11-21-2018, 07:14 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Extinct
We need to see a graph of your oxygen sensor voltages, you need to use the graph function instead of the display function. Record a video and put it on youtube with a link to the video. Your oxygen sensor voltages should be cycling between 1 volt and zero volts - the display that you posted shows only .1 volts. If it only ever reads that you likely have bad oxygen sensors - they read close to zero when they go bad. the sensor shoudl read 1 volt on cold startup, then start cycling after a few minutes. zero volts or .1 volts indicates a full lean condition, that would cause your fuel trims to go full rich.

Here are the links to the videos. They don't really adjust much.

https://youtu.be/LwF6SopBnxg
https://youtu.be/JNp0oQ7tXGo

Old 11-21-2018, 09:01 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,416 Likes on 1,011 Posts

OK, your o2 sensors are reading full lean, causing your ecu to go full rich. There a few possible reasons:
  1. The sensors are dead. You can test this by monitoring during cold start up. The ecu goes full rich on cold start up so the sensors should read almost 1 volt initially if they are working. If they don't, you have bad sensors.
  2. You have a massive vacuum leak. If this were the case (and the sensors worked) you would likely see the sensors voltage go up when throttle opening exceeds about 60% - pulling a grade fore example.

Quick Reply: At a complete loss with different codes. Need HELP :)