Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couldn't make it to Scarr? Maybe you can make it to Scabb

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 09:07 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Bummer! Sorry it didn't work out. Hey but you go to see something that not many people in the world have seen live. That is pretty damn cool.

Old 06-06-2014, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

No fish. That's too bad. But You could be eating eggs right now.

Old 06-07-2014, 01:01 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bummer that you guys didn't get to go where you wanted, but I wouldn't look at it as a total loss. Looks to me like you guys had a great couple of months just planning, prepping and daydreaming about the trip! Hell, that's a big part of the fun for me when we travel. Thinking about what to take, how to pack and getting your Rover ready mechanically are all part of the enjoyment! And even though your girl may not have had the best time, some day down the road you'll both probably laugh about it, hopefully on a nice, clean beach somewhere in a couple of chairs next to the Disco...

Old 06-07-2014, 07:40 PM
Winching
Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

Awesome trip, I am still here with my buddy and his xj, we went past the 10 mile marker but he has a bad back and had to turn around. I caught a catfish and some sunburn but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Headed out of the park for ice as we learned the cooler should stay inside haha.

Jared, thanks for getting the trip setup. It didn't turn out as we expected but it has for sure been an adventure for the books.

I'll get more details and pics Monday lol

Old 06-08-2014, 10:46 PM
Winching

I am back at home and this trip was a blast. Jared thanks for setting it up and showing us around and also a thanks to dusty1 for lending the jump box as it was almost needed a few times.

The trip down with the rover was uneventful until the xyz switch decided to freak out a little on me- apart from that the rover was great- i need to re do the roof rack with thicker spray paint and rust remover.

In total i drove 1,025 miles and they were all worth it, quite the trip for sure.

here are the turtle vids:

The turtle was named SCABB PINS after the trip by the Landroverforums.com guys haha

I have washed the truck down to remove most of the outside sand and tomorrow ill start working on the interior.

Sand went everywhere and i learned some valuable lessons on camping at the beach.

Also the best beacon when trying to find me was a kite with an led glow stick.

here i am trying to "flex" fail accomplished

First big catch of the day

Only catch of the day haha

Camp SCABB

The thick stuff

Early morning start

With all i have learned about this beach, i am sure next year we can go down to the Jetty.

Old 06-08-2014, 11:15 PM
Drifting
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow that looks like fun, hopefully next year more people can attend. I will try next year as long as the age limit is raised.

Old 06-08-2014, 11:49 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by dwvninety
Wow that looks like fun, hopefully next year more people can attend. I will try next year as long as the age limit is raised.
well there never was/is an age limit, we were just joking around everyone is welcomed!

Next year we will do more recon before heading out and either set the trip for a later date or earlier.

and i almost forgot this picture of Jared and i out past the 5 mile marker