Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CPS Strikes Again? Please confirm my

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 10:41 AM
Super Moderator
Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by mln01
No, this does not sound like a crankshaft position sensor failure. CKPS does not cause the engine to run rough or throw codes and the Service Engine Soon (SES) light does not come on.
Mine did.

Old 12-26-2011, 01:14 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Job done, problem solved

BUT, Holy Frustration Batman!

My right arm is torn up from squeezing it up in between the frame and the exhaust, and the exhaust and the engine, maybe I need to stop working out?

It seems the designers didn't think anyone would ever have to change this sensor ever without having to pull the truck apart and if it came down to it, and the price wasn't outrageous. I would probably pay to have this done.

Old 12-28-2011, 04:12 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by jafir
It will probably be a Bosch sensor in an autozone bag. Mine was.
...and yes, you were correct. Upon closer inspection, "Bosch" was stamped right on the sensor.

Just another tip for future readers : Be careful when un-doing the nuts from the studs that hold the sensor end in place. I had to contort myself to fit my arm up between the engine and the exhaust, which eliminated any chance of being able to see what I was doing and I ended up bending one of the studs which added extra suspense/time/and frustration having to bend the stud back straight enough to get the new sensor pinned back down.

Old 12-28-2011, 04:14 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by Savannah Buzz
Please post in your followup the spacer location that worked for you. Thanks in advance.
Thanks for the help, I was very conscious of this thanks to you and a few of the other threads I read where people had bolted things back up improperly.

Per your follow up request , I bolted it back up just as it was pulled apart. I'm not sure how people have done this incorrectly as I can't see it fitting together properly if bolted up wrong.