Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

d2 cooling hoses, any of em 5/8 or 3/4?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 06:41 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default d2 cooling hoses, any of em 5/8 or 3/4?

Anyone know if there are any sections of hose anywhere, that are 5/8 or 3/4 in diameter? about to get a universal bypass filter kit and see if I can fab something up... but they come with premade install bits in either 5/8 or 3/4. figure if theres anywhere exactly that size, all the easier install. im guessing no haha, but figured id ask first.

my plan is to size adapt from a break in the return tube that runs from the tb heater to the reservoir. its east to access, hi up (wont need a bleed after the fit, and if it simple doesnt work, i can run with a simple tube repair or just replace the plastic line again. (already a pro, broke the stock ****er 3 times ahahha)

Old 12-14-2011, 07:16 PM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

There is no hose from the heater to the coolant recover bottle.
If you want to install a by-pass take a section out of the heater hose and install it there.

Old 12-14-2011, 07:53 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

I think he meant throttle body heater, which be pretty small diameter. But I'm all ears - what kind of experiment? An air bubble trap?

Old 12-15-2011, 10:55 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes on the tb heater, the small diameter plastic line that runs the distance. Figure its the easiest method. I havent considered the heater core lines, but ill take a look. Still in just the preplanning phase.

Not an air bubble trap, but a filter just like an oil filter, but for coolant. its huge in the diesel world, and i do notice a good deal of floating crap in coolant of alot of cars i see haha, so why not? if it clogs up or doesnt do anything at all, no worries, its bypassed the flow so it wont do anything to the entire system in a negative fashion. if anything itll add a small reserve capacity as well haha. i figure id hook it up, run for a few months, change the filter, and cut open the old one, see if it did anything, or just sat there in the engine bay lookin pretty.

im also going to get a filtermag (also a big diesel accessory toy) with the next oil change and see if it actually does anything. ive seen great pictures, but dont recall any of them being from other then the manufacturer or someone trying to sell the things! im a gadget person, so ill take the $100 hit to find out if they are both BS products, cause if there not, maybe itll add a few months/years between engine rebuilds of these hateable lovable hodgepodge machines!