Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D2 no spark please help Im out of ideas

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 09:10 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D2 no spark please help Im out of ideas

My 2003 D2 V8, wouldn’t start after filling up with fuel two months ago. Waited about 10 minutes and it started and went back to work (typically this sounds a hot coil pack issue).
A few days later the problem began when the vehicle would not start after work. After many attempts it stated and I was able to drive 4 blocks when it died again. Per the last case waited 10 minutes it started so I raced home to diagnose.
So previous experience tells me this is a bad Crank Shaft Positionint Sensor, CPS. Bought an aftermarket unit and still it would not start, bad part? Purchased a new OEM one and had the same result.
Removed the throttle body off and replaced the coils with another used set and installed a set of new Magnacor 8.5mm wires. Still no spark.
Other things I have tried....
Have fuel pressure but replaced the pump in anyway.
Fuses in engine bay good, cranks fast, so battery is maybe 2 years old and has good charge. Replaced Camshaft Position Sensor with a used one, no change.
Have ordered new plugs but know this will not solve the issue.
Lastly the door lock has been broken for the better art of two years so replaced the lockset from another D2 and bring this up because I wanted to see if it was a security issue. The security bulb no longer flashes but have not tore the dash out to see if its just the bulb.

Computer flash? Security issue? Please advise.

Old 07-22-2019, 09:30 PM
Received 392 Likes on 305 Posts

Does it not unlock and lock with your fob.
You didn’t mention any codes ? Is check engine light on ?
Check wiring to coil packs. New coil packs bosh is cheap from rock auto prob not the issue

battery connections tight ? Make sure cause my 03 negative battery terminal was loose. Came out of a convience store and not start no lights etc

wiring to cps good ?