Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dead battery and locked doors - bad remote?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 09:00 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts
Exclamation Dead battery and locked doors - bad remote?

Seeking some advice on behalf of my mechanic who will be taking on the job of swapping out the block and bumper and other ****. Rovers been sitting at his shop since April 2015 and I requested he keep the vehicle locked. Battery has since drained and consequently the security system went ape **** once you gave the battery a charge. Doors would not open and the remote won't disengage the security system. The red light on the remote does light up however. Eventually he was able to get into the truck but he believes my remote is bad and suggested I order a replacement.

- New Duralast Gold battery installed in early February 2015 and a second hand alternator was fitted around same time.

- Remote battery was replaced within last year or so and remote worked fine when I parked the vehicle at mechanics shop in April.

Might there be another reason why the remote is not responding? Is there anything else the mechanic and try to do to get the remote to work again?

If I must replace the remote where do you recommend I order one? And what is the cheapest way to get it programmed without going to a dealership and spending arm and leg?

Old 01-06-2016, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,497 Likes on 1,224 Posts

I think Abran was selling rebuilt need to be cut and programmed keys might reach out to him. No idea on why the remote's not working seems unlikely the key went bad though

Old 01-06-2016, 10:56 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyRover
I think Abran was selling rebuilt need to be cut and programmed keys might reach out to him. No idea on why the remote's not working seems unlikely the key went bad though
I'm not convinced that the fob is bad either. But is there anyway to test the fob to ensure its still good? Like I said the red light still lights up when the fob buttons are pressed.

Old 01-06-2016, 11:31 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,497 Likes on 1,224 Posts

I would lean towards the remote and the alarm needing to be sync'd again since it sat dead for so long