Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did you know.......

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 03:32 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Did you know.......

I purchase a 98 owners manual on eBay and came across some interesting info. Interestingbecause it was new to me. The following came directly out themanual.
[align=center][/align][align=center]Engine oil filter renewal[/align][align=left]To avoid draining the oil pump, it is essential that the engine is filled with oil to the correct level, before the filter is renewed. It is therfore recommendd that the engine oil is renewed before work on the filter commences. [/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Be honest, how many of you have drainedthe oilthen removed the filterwhile you were still under the truck? Naughty, naughty. [/align][align=left][/align][align=center]Anti-lock Warning light[/align][align=left]The anti-lock braking system warning light illuminates when the starter switch is turned to position"II", and performs a ABS system check. If no faults are found, the light briefly extinguishes before illuminating again remaining on until the engine has started and the vehicle reaches speeds in excess of 5mph (8 km/h) [/align][align=left][/align][align=left]I've always wonder why my Anti-lock light stayed on afterthe enginewas started, but goes off as soon as I started to drive. Now I know it's a perfectly functioning system.[/align][align=left][/align][align=center]Operating electric windows[/align][align=left]The electric windows can be operated when the starter switch is at position "II" and for up to 45 seconds after the strater switch is turned off (provided a door is not opened in the meantime)[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]This I haven't tried yet and I'm anxious to do so. [/align][align=left][/align][align=center]Heated front seats[/align][align=left]The seats heaters are thermostacially controlled and operate intermittently to achieve and the nmaintain a predetermined temperature between 79*F and 97*F (26*C and 36*C)[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]This I new from another thread. Now you know if you didn't.[/align][align=left][/align][align=left][/align]

Old 12-04-2008, 08:20 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Did you know.......

Tonight, after getting out, lock your truck with the fob and continue to hold the "lock button" for a second or two until you see something happen! Doesn't everyone read the manual??? LOL

Old 12-04-2008, 09:09 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Don't loose too much sleep over the oil issue, the main thing to do, though, is fill your oil filter at least 2/3rds full before installing, that way you will not cause a dry start.

Old 12-04-2008, 08:52 PM
Winching
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

pre-determined temp?
does that mean i can change/adjust the temp of my heated seats?
thats fantastic! how do i do that?

Old 12-04-2008, 09:01 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

I think it is pre set at the factory and non adjustable.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:04 PM
Winching
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

pre-determined temp?
does that mean i can change/adjust the temp of my heated seats?
thats fantastic! how do i do that?

Old 12-04-2008, 10:50 PM
Rock Crawling

I think it is pre set at the factory and non adjustable.

Old 12-04-2008, 11:09 PM
Rock Crawling

ORIGINAL: Rich 00 DISCO
Tonight, after getting out, lock your truck with the fob and continue to hold the "lock button" for a second or two until you see something happen! Doesn't everyone read the manual??? LOL
I tried this tonight and nothing happened. After shutting the doors,Idepress the lock button and held it depress for a few seconds, nothing happened. Then I tried holding the unlock button for a few seconds and nothing happened either.What should have happened?

With that being said, I did read in the manual if you want to lock the doors without arming the system, use the key to lock the door like normal but hold the key in the lock position for a couple seconds. The doors will lock but the lights will not flash 3x indicating the system is armed.This I tried and it worked.

Old 12-04-2008, 11:47 PM
Rock Crawling

I do have onerequest if you guys can assist me with. In the attempt to find any blown interior bulbs in the truck, tonight while the truck was parked in the garage, I turned off the garage lights and turned on the truck parking lights.

The only interior lightsthat illuminated werethe instrument cluster lights, the pre-set radio number buttonsand power window switches in the center console. Are there any other interior lights that should illuminate with the parking lights?

Doing this I also found out that we have some sort of pre-light in the headlight housing that illuminates with the parking lights, this is did not know. Itwas a perfect time to realize one of my pre-lights were blown. Luckily I had a spare 5w wedge type bulb.

Speaking of radio display, with the parking lights on and the radio pre-set numbers illuminated, I turned on the ignition and the back light for the radio station display did notilluminate. I could not see what station the radio was on. Can someone verifyif this is a normal operation of thestockOEM radio.

Thanks