Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disco II immobilized....Read this it works!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2018, 05:38 AM
Baja
Received 717 Likes on 622 Posts

Take off the driver door panel, remove door handle and insert long phillips screwdriver into recess of door lock actuator to manually lock and unlock door lock actuator. this needs to be done with battery connected. remove horn relay to silence alarm.

Your door lock pin is broken. See here for instructions on accessing actuator/handle.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/00...88780856016786

The following users liked this post:
Yelrut (09-03-2018)
Old 09-03-2018, 02:27 PM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Problem solved but I created another problem

Originally Posted by abran
Take off the driver door panel, remove door handle and insert long phillips screwdriver into recess of door lock actuator to manually lock and unlock door lock actuator. this needs to be done with battery connected. remove horn relay to silence alarm.

Your door lock pin is broken. See here for instructions on accessing actuator/handle.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/00...88780856016786
You were correct but I saw this post too late! I'm so disappointed now. I took the off the door handle and turn the screwdriver and it did work I was so happy. I was able to get into the car the red light was flashing fast and I tried to start the car and I heard the engine lock. Now none of the Interior power locks work nothing comes on at all so I'm sure I probably superlock it this time! I am now really frustrated and I made a stupid decision! Any suggestions? I'm going to go back over the other stuff that I did when I thought it was superlock previously and see if any of these things work now for real.

Old 09-03-2018, 06:35 PM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PROBLEM SOLVED. Thank you very much Abran, It was a broken door lock pin, just like you said. I'm soooo excited now! I went from being ready to sell or junk that car to now being ready to tackle the next repair.....LOL. Thank you for sharing your wisdom and your time!

The following users liked this post:
frarod21 (02-18-2020)
Old 09-04-2018, 05:59 AM
Baja
Received 717 Likes on 622 Posts

Welcome.

Old 07-20-2019, 05:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still actual?

So I own UK VERSION. 2002 Range rover p38 Pegasus. Yesterday the car got alarmed. I don't have EKA card code and currently the car is impossible to start. Any ideas how can I request EKA code? I am in Armenia so forget about reliable services

Old 08-10-2019, 05:23 PM
Overlanding
Default Where do I find my EKA code online. I have a 2001 disco 2 that will not start.

Originally Posted by southfloridadiscoII
Read EKA Code (Freelander up to 01, Defender, Discovery)

Under normal circumstances, the only way to disarm the Immobiliser on a Land Rover
vehicle is to use the correct Plip key to unlock the car. If no Plip key is available or
functioning, it is possible to disarm the Immobiliser by using the EKA (Emergency Key
Access) Code. This option will read the EKA Code from the vehicle and display it on the
Multi-Tester Pro screen.
The EKA Code consists of a 4 digit numerical sequence. To use an EKA code to disarm a
vehicle, perform the following sequence:
Insert the key into the drivers door lock and turn to the lock position.
Wait for 5 seconds.
Turn the key to the unlock position the number of times indicated by the first digit of the EKA code.
Turn the key to the lock position the number of times indicated by the second digit of the EKA code.
Turn the key to the unlock position the number of times indicated by the third digit of the EKA code.
Turn the key to the lock position the number of times indicated by the fourth digit of the EKA code.
Turn the key to the unlock position.

If the EKA code is entered correctly, the Alarm LED will stop flashing, and the engine will
start.
If you make an error while entering the EKA code, open and close the driver’s door before
going back to the start of the sequence. If the EKA code is entered unsuccessfully 3 times,
the system will ignore any further attempts for the next 10 minutes.
Where do I find my EKA code online. I have a 2001 disco 2 that will not start. I will try this method again and see if that works.

Old 08-11-2019, 04:48 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 848 Likes on 633 Posts

Did you try the EKA code 1515?
if it didn’t work, find someone with a Land Rover specific diagnostic tester that can read the EKA code.
A Testbook, Nanocom, Foxwell NT510 or NT520 or NT530 tester can do this.

Last edited by JUKE179r; 08-11-2019 at 04:52 AM.
Old 08-27-2019, 02:51 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default nt530 EKA code

Originally Posted by JUKE179r
Did you try the EKA code 1515?
if it didn’t work, find someone with a Land Rover specific diagnostic tester that can read the EKA code.
A Testbook, Nanocom, Foxwell NT510 or NT520 or NT530 tester can do this.
Yes, this article has related EKA code info.

Old 08-27-2019, 04:00 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 848 Likes on 633 Posts

Originally Posted by austin_green1985
Yes, this article has related EKA code info.
I swear Foxwell bites/steals mine and other's posts and pictures to add them to their support website...
https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...98/#post653447

my post and picture: https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...51/#post643202
their post and picture: http://www.foxwellsupport.com/foxwel...-discovery-ii/

Last edited by JUKE179r; 08-27-2019 at 04:07 AM.
Old 12-25-2019, 04:23 PM
1st Gear
Default where did you get the pin for land rover door

Hi, i am having similar problems as you, where did you get the pin for land rover door?

Originally Posted by Yelrut
PROBLEM SOLVED. Thank you very much Abran, It was a broken door lock pin, just like you said. I'm soooo excited now! I went from being ready to sell or junk that car to now being ready to tackle the next repair.....LOL. Thank you for sharing your wisdom and your time!

Quick Reply: Disco II immobilized....Read this it works!