Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disco II no start?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 11:33 AM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default old_coot...we are working on it...

Originally Posted by old_coot
What I would like to know is, has anyone documented or found in the service manual the power up sequence for the ECM?......Thanks, Dan
old_coot...we are working on it...we believe it to be sneak circuit some place between steps 7 and 10.

Old 09-08-2012, 12:15 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HA HA....actually thats a good one and one of my favorite movies....so I guess what you are saying is as soon as I figure it out I need to share it...will do ....Dan,

Old 09-08-2012, 12:36 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by old_coot
HA HA....actually thats a good one and one of my favorite movies....so I guess what you are saying is as soon as I figure it out I need to share it...will do ....Dan,
I'm glad you have a sense of humor...you need one working on these beasts! Yes, if you do figure it out, please let us know.

Old 09-08-2012, 07:52 PM
4wd Low

It almost seems that removing the Crankshaft position sensor is a rite of passage to owning a Land Rover so I decided to pull the one on my truck and inspect it. I want to report that I lave the sensor loose and hanging from it's little wire.It appears that the shielding wire is bolted to the back of the engine and while trying to remove that bolt somehow I seem to have donated most of the end of my left pinky finger to the bracket....So now I have blood invested,,,this thing OWES me and will run again...on second thought maybe now it OWNS me,,,either way I am determined to drive it now.....Dan

Old 03-08-2016, 08:41 PM
1st Gear

Hi fellas,

First post.

I have the same problem as the original poster. I too have jumper wired the fuel pump at the relay and changed the CPS. I have the same symptoms exactly. I have not changed relays to see if that makes any difference and will try, and if that doesnt work I might see whether the PCB board in the main fuse box (under bonnet) has broken. Failing that I will have to ship it too someone with Testbook or equivalent.

It is a pity that the OP didnt come back with a post about what resolved his problem - it might have been very useful. Perhaps he took his truck to the wreckers...

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I have owned my truck for 14 years and it is a great machine but this has me stumped.

Cheers

Old 03-08-2016, 11:18 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,403 Likes on 1,003 Posts

landroverphile, start by downloading the RAVE manual and read the circuit diagrams for fuel pump and start - you should be able to determine what is not allowing the fuel pump relay to pull in. Might also want to check if you have spark at the plugs when cranking (could give you a hint as to fuel pump circuit or immobilizer)