Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discover 2 Door lock actuator repair

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 06:49 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Discover 2 Door lock actuator repair

Okay, has anyone successfully repaired a door lock actuator for a D2? I've read through all the posts and decided to try one myself. After breaking the plastic cover which shields the dc motor, I was able to take it out and open it up. When I put it back together after a good cleaning, everything worked for a little while and then quit again. So when I took it apart this time, one of the brushes fell off and now I no longer have a working motor. The part number on this motor are as follows: 20005 3C1562 made by Johnson. Does anyone has a cross reference to something that will fit? I can use the same body and gear if needed, but need the new brush assembly unless someone has an exact replacement number. I have pictures for all this to post up if I can get a good dc motor. If not, I'm going to get a new actuator with warranty. Thanks for any help. Jere

Old 04-03-2010, 07:09 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Take that motor to Radio Shack and they can hook you up.

Old 04-03-2010, 07:19 PM
TReK
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have taken a lot of things apart in my life..as a child my mother said people would marvel at my destructive abilities but I could not figure how how to get that lock motor out of its case without completely breaking it.

Old 04-03-2010, 09:03 PM
Drifting

The rat shack was the first place I went...their selection is extremely limited and nothing was like the motor inside the actuator. The motor is the one with the gold gear on it. I had it all glued back together and had to tear it apart again...aahhh!! Here is a picture of it disassembled (I think I attached it correctly)

Attached Thumbnails Discover 2 Door lock actuator repair-100_4532.jpg  
Old 04-07-2010, 09:14 PM
Drifting

I gave up on the repair and just bought a new one. My Disco has enough room to remove the actuator without taking the door frame out...of course I found that out after removing everything. Anyway, all back together and working fine now. Jere

Old 04-08-2010, 09:57 AM
Mudding
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Check this thread:

https://landroverforums.com/forum/sh...light=actuator

It seems that you need to go to Radio Shack and buy a replacement.

good luck!!!

Old 07-17-2010, 01:51 PM
4wd Low
Default DC Motor

Dear Guys..

Well, No more worries about the DC motor as I have them brand new for sale at GBP20+Shipping. it has the golden worm gear so just plug n play and save lot of money..if anyone interested then email me on Landroverbh@gmail.com

Regards..

Salman EiD

Old 10-26-2011, 09:17 AM
Winching
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bigjerel
The rat shack was the first place I went...their selection is extremely limited and nothing was like the motor inside the actuator. The motor is the one with the gold gear on it. I had it all glued back together and had to tear it apart again...aahhh!! Here is a picture of it disassembled (I think I attached it correctly)
BigJerel, how did you get the actuator case apart to be able to get to the motors?

BC

Old 10-26-2011, 12:00 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default similar issue

I don't have a remote, so I use the key to lock/unlock the driver's side door. Well, the key won't turn in the lock anymore - thus I can't lock the doors. Is this symptomatic of a bad actuator, or is there something mechanically wrong with the lock itself?

Old 01-21-2012, 01:14 PM
6th Gear

OK, I've rremoved my actuator (pass side front) and can't figure out how to "pry" the cover off. Can anyone give me a step by step? I've removed three screws and a metal tab in the center. I don't want to force anything.

Quick Reply: Discover 2 Door lock actuator repair