Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discovery cooling system pressure

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 07:15 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Discovery cooling system pressure

Just what is the proper operating pressure for the cooling system on 4.6 Discoverys?? And will they ever sell a shop manual for them??

Old 04-04-2007, 08:08 PM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts
Default RE: Discovery cooling system pressure

Sure you can buy a shop manual, they are pretty expensive, might want to check around for a Rave CD with the manual on it, usually on E-Bay for $10 or so.
Can't tell you what the pressure should be, why do you ask?
Mike

Old 04-04-2007, 11:34 PM
Drifting

As per manual; where is this magic place with manuals I have been looking other than the dealer? I will search again.

Why cooling pressure #? This is the problem child '03 Disco with the (supposed) #6 cylinder liner crack. I spent some time with the engineers at CRC and the sodium silcate glass filler sealant. They swear it is good for 5 years. The instal went well with about 1000 miles with no problems. Note that i drove the truck for 3 months by adding coolant as needed . Now the plastic recovery tank has developed a small crack in it with the slight leak. Would like to measure the pressure in the system and compare it to the nominal rating to what I have to see what has happened (I think I know how this movie ends...)

Old 04-04-2007, 11:45 PM
Three Wheeling

At 1000rpm the pump operates at 0.7 bar (10lbf.in2) the expansion tank caprelief valve- system operating pressure at 1.4 bar (20lbf.in2) got this off the rave cd

Old 04-05-2007, 05:06 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

rover-renovations.com search for the RAVE CD. It is free. Takes a bit to get to you, they only send it out once a week, but its free and very helpful.

Old 04-05-2007, 05:24 PM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

Have you replaced the coolant bottle yet? If so, go get the tressure tested at different temps and different RPM's. You might also do a compression test on a couple of cylinder especial on #6 and the cylinder on eother side.
Mike

Old 04-11-2007, 07:40 PM
4wd Low

DiscoMike & okdiscoguy - you guys both mentioned that rover-renovations.com has the RAVE CD with a manual. I went there immediately and ordered it. Sorry for a totally stupid question, but could you elaborate just a bit on what you mean by "they only send it once a week"? I got a confirmation, and indeed it definitely looks like it is free, but it also says "online delivery", so I don't know if they are going to send me an email with the entire CD contents attached to it or what?

It's funny, I just bought a '03 Disco SE7, everything seems to be fine with it, and it (supposedly) has an extended manufacturer's warranty, but now, that I'm reading postings on various LR forums, I'm getting more and more scared. On the other hand - I guess healthy people don't go to doctors...

Thanks
-Adrian

Old 04-11-2007, 11:27 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah, I went through the same round of questions. I called, and he explained to me that they get all of the orders together, but only ship the CD once a week. Since you ordered it online, it is free. I know it says online delivery, but they will ship it. I went to the mailbox every day in hopes, then it came. Took over a week for me.

Just a warning, you will be on your computer all night after getting it. There is a wealth of knowledge in it.

Good Luck!