Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discovery II: How deep can it go?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 07:28 PM
Mudding
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

This is the deepest I've gone and I think any deeper would have caused problems. I've had water come up over hood when dropping into water before and no problems, but I don't think you could do that sustained. I will say I did get stuck in a hole once and the water was above the door. I ended up pulling/drying carpet that time as i didn't have the holes sealed in the door seals/bottom of the door.

Old 10-19-2012, 08:01 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by binvanna
wading is not so problematic because you get stopped but because of the mess it makes

assuming your breathers are extended upward so you don't flood your differentials with water, how good are your axle seals? even if they are working, do you really want ditch water in your wheel bearings? Then if you do not have the old school swivel ***** with drain plugs, you have to wonder if your cv grease is clean or if there is pond sludge in there. that's just up to the axles not even under the carpet if you have carpet. Oh sure unless you have the rover that left the factory with precision tolerances, right then, no worries

not saying you shouldn't drive through or be a wimp but that its better to avoid puddles than screw around in them

the more I drive my rover the more I even avoid mud. there's wimpy and then there's the thirty minutes holding the pressure washer wand and shoveling mud off the driveway. I'll take wimpy if I can
Good point's but you are missing the point of owning a Rover.
I buried mine to the frame in mud last summer, I didnt wash it off for 2 weeks because I was to busy.
I rinsed the mud out of the rims because my wheel balance was off, I am still finding mud under the truck, hard as a rock.
I chisel it off when I find it, otherwise who cares?

Old 10-19-2012, 08:06 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by dcarr1971
LOL. You need to make a trip out to Rausch Creek for Rovers on the Rocks, Spike.

What you can't tell from my picture is that the right front tire wasn't touching the ground and the left rear tire was only just touching. What looked like a small water hazard where I expected the sides to gently slope in from the edge, actually drops straight off to 6'+.

When someone shot that picture, the truck was teetering so precariously, that the guys I was with thought it would go over if they even opened the back door to get an extra shackle out...
I know I know, one of these years I will go.
Cant you guys make it closer to my home? lol

Thats sounds like a TON of fun!!