Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do I Even HAVE a Cruise Control ECU?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 06:16 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I Even HAVE a Cruise Control ECU?

So I am BRAND NEW to the Rover clan! Just purchased a '00 Disco SE here in Houston TX and (of course) the cruise isn't working. I have troubleshot both the actuator AND the pump- both work well. Problem is I can't FIND the cruise ECU under the dash?!? I have been thru the RAVE as well as read EVERY post regarding Rover cruise issues. I NEED my cruise! It's getting harder an harder to leave my Pathfinder in the driveway!! I used to own an import speedshop so I am fairly mechanically inclined HAHA! Seems most posts regard the D1 and not much for the D2? I'm including a shot of my underdash behind the glove- After looking at replacement pics I can't seem to find the dang box ANYWHERE?!? Any help would be awesome thanks in advance!

Attached Thumbnails Do I Even HAVE a Cruise Control ECU?-photo.jpg  
Old 02-13-2012, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

see pix from RAVE - it is inside the kick panel on right hand passenger side

BTW you'll be wanting to download the RAVE shop and ownwr's manuals, color wiring diagrams, etc.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
D2 cruise pix.pdf (472.7 KB, 306 views)
Old 02-13-2012, 06:32 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This might sounds like I'm being a d***, but I promise you I am not. In my experience, the cruise control on the DII sucks, mine will fluctuate about +/- 5mph, and usually takes a 3 second "hold" on the "SET/+" button in order for it to catch.

So my question is, are you SURE it's not working? You're clicking the little "/ \" looking button on the right side of the dash in, the light lights up, and then you pull the "SET/+" button back?

Old 02-13-2012, 07:13 PM
4wd Low

Thanks a TON for the clarification! I DID DL and scour the RAVE but I didn't see that pic?!? ODD! Well anyways. I have tried EVERYTHING on that dang switch (I held it from 50 down to 30!) And nothin. Everything else works GREAT! Killer vacuum and pump works fine as well! It's either steering wheel switch or that dang ECM! Ugh. Welp I got the voltages from the RAVE so I'll try an give that a shot tomorrow! I'm used to the fluctuations too- seems ANY heavy truck does it to some degree! (Unless it's just an import thing!)

Thanks again guys!

Old 02-13-2012, 07:17 PM
4wd Low

Oh and YES I arm the cruise first - that switch is ok. I get my light on my bridge! (oddest pic EVER) I even get the click on RESUME from under the dash! It's prally the switch, but I wanna T/S the ECM first cause if IT'S bad I'm just gonna resolder the whole thing...I'm the kinda guy that fixes it ONCE for GOOD!

Old 02-13-2012, 07:42 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

In the RAVE, find things in the circuit diagram manuals, and zoom in for the tiny numbers that show conector number and pin number. Then go to the electrical library and look up the connector, usually has a photo.

Old 02-14-2012, 09:39 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you check the vacuum lines for the CC system? They are known to rot and break off and cause the system to fail.