Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door Lock

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 07:39 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Door Lock

Hey guys. My passneger side front door lock is not operating. The other three work fine, locking and unlocking when the vehicle is turned on and off. Any ideas? Thanks.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:50 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Default RE: Door Lock

Knowing what you drive sure would help, and this answer is D2 specific.Your door lock actuator is shut. You need to replace it with another one. Beware of companies selling used ones, because for one... you never know how much life is left in it, and for two... a spanking new one is onlyabout $30-$40 more at the dealership. Just went through that myself with all doors. I've tried taking them off and lubing the heck out of them. When they're shut...they're shut!

Old 05-06-2008, 07:59 AM
Three Wheeling

Good day Bob,

I did a little research for you through out the fourm. Here is the link to a past thread which deals with your lock problem.

https://landroverforums.com/m_43731/tm.htm

If you have any serrious questions I'd recomend speaking with DiscoMike.

Good luck and take care.

TT

Old 05-06-2008, 08:28 AM
Recovery Vehicle

ORIGINAL: traffictech870

Good day Bob,

I did a little research for you through out the fourm. Here is the link to a past thread which deals with your lock problem.

https://landroverforums.com/m_43731/tm.htm

If you have any serrious questions I'd recomend speaking with DiscoMike.

Good luck and take care.

TT

Hemmmm not sure what to make of this[>:][>:]That's a pretty impolite statement !!! I too have the upmost respect for Mike, but saying that serious questions can only be directed to and answered by him is a pretty stupid statement. There are other experienced folks on this board as I'm sure even Mike will admit to.

With this said, the link you suggested just re-inforces my statement. I had checked with that supplier for my actuators, and they were $95 a piece. Add $10-$15 for shipping and it adds up to some $110 and god only knows the life left in them. I paid $130 at the dealer brand new.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:02 PM
Mudding

Thanks for the replies. I did brainfart a bit by not telling what model I have. 2000 Disco Series II.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Mudding

Also, any trick to getting inside the door panel?

Old 05-06-2008, 08:22 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Well, on the front doors, you need to remove the 2 screws holding the inside leatherhandle,then the one screw holding the pull handle plastic molding ( you have to twist it off),then the ones holding the lower part of thepanel there are 2, or is it 4 ??? then you can pry the rest with that screwdriver type tool. Go easy when the panel is coming off cause you have to unplug the speakers. Then you remove the mirror ( you get access to the bolts by removing the inside triangle plastic cap), remove the inside and outside rubbertrim ( be carefull cause they kink easily),then thewindowframe, and finally, the actuator. There's no shortcut about it, believe me I tried!!!

Old 05-07-2008, 12:21 AM
Three Wheeling

Good day,

The reason why I made reference to asking DiscoMike any "serrious" questions is due to the fact that he answered in a specific post and could have other information which I do not have.

Ido not understand howusing a past thread with information which relates direclty to the topic in this threadas well asdirecting a new person to get into contact with aperson who has many years of experince with thesevehicleswould be stupid.

I wish Discobob the best of luck with a solution to the lock problem.