Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory Radio Now With More Bluetooth, Stuff and Things

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 03:33 AM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Factory Radio Now With More Bluetooth, Stuff and Things

I did a search couldn't find it so if it has been covered please feel free to ignore/delete... Maybe I just got excited and missed it.

I have been searching for a radio that has bluetooth, sirius, iphone, ipod, android etc. most radios seem a bit blingy and while I can appreciate the folks that like high tech some want a more traditional feel. I guess the big takeaway for me is that it only replaces XQE000170PMA it says it has to be that exact radio or it won't work and I have no if that is most Discovery 2s with CD or just some but seems like a good thing for many.

The bluetooth doesn't help it take calls because you need external mic so it won't help you take calls but that is fine to me I am not a big sit and chat on the phone guy.

Upgraded oem stereo

It seems to answer a question I needed answered, so I thought I'd share what I found I hope it helps someone!

Old 02-11-2018, 07:16 AM
Drifting
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

https://isimple.com/catalog/professi...-kits/isfm2351

I used one of theses, it works perfectly

Old 02-14-2018, 04:11 PM
Overlanding

thanks! They have it on amazon for about 100 less- Some of the reviews say the sound is a bit low and others talk about having a hard time finding a station where the RDS worked well. I live in SF Bay and work in the city so many stations bleeding over I wonder if that might be an issue? I may try it super simple and overall review are great.

Old 02-14-2018, 05:10 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 822 Likes on 599 Posts

Several of us on this forum use a Bluetooth adapter made by Grom Audio. I've had one in my truck for several years and I'm very happy with it.

The Grom plugs into the back of the radio in the place a CD changer. To install it you remove the radio, plug in the Grom, plug in and route the mic, stuff the Grom into whatever space you can find and then reinstall the radio.

It's $145.99 at gromaudio.com. Select Rover from the menu; Land Rover is not listed. Maybe more than some want to spend but it's been worth it for me

The following 4 users liked this post by mln01:
04RoverSe (02-14-2018), dgi 07 (02-15-2018), GuinnessIsItsName (07-31-2018), somesaymickey (06-13-2021)
Old 02-15-2018, 06:32 AM
Mudding
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

+1 on Grom. We got the bluetooth setup with mic for my wife's P38 and the cheaper aux only plug in for my disco. They both work extremely well and if you route the mic and aux cables carefully, they're unobtrusive aesthetically as well. The only bummer is that you lose the cd changer in the process, but both of ours would give us a 'cd error' occasionally and freeze up entirely anyway.

The following 2 users liked this post by naivedisco2:
dgi 07 (02-15-2018), TriggerPuller (03-23-2018)
Old 02-15-2018, 07:50 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 99 Likes on 92 Posts

Have had my truck for 7 years, and 6 of them I have had the Grom adapter. Still going strong.

The following users liked this post:
TriggerPuller (03-23-2018)
Old 03-23-2018, 08:23 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by mln01
Several of us on this forum use a Bluetooth adapter made by Grom Audio. I've had one in my truck for several years and I'm very happy with it.

The Grom plugs into the back of the radio in the place a CD changer. To install it you remove the radio, plug in the Grom, plug in and route the mic, stuff the Grom into whatever space you can find and then reinstall the radio.

It's $145.99 at gromaudio.com. Select Rover from the menu; Land Rover is not listed. Maybe more than some want to spend but it's been worth it for me
Thanks for the heads up unfortunately I had to go out of the country for work unexpectedly and didn't get a chance to check back in. While bored in the hotel one night I decided to order the 1Factory Radio and I have to say it is really good- looks stock, because I guess it is- so no surprise there but it works really well and the only downside if you can call it that is you do have to manually connect it to your device which is in my case an Iphone.

I pulled the old one out> pulled the wires and antenna > plugged them in to the new radio and turned it on> found my device and it worked.

Anyhow thanks for the input everyone as always I appreciate it!

John