Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fault Codes P0560, P1536, P0650

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 10:39 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fault Codes P0560, P1536, P0650

I'm looking at three trouble coded from the Ultra Gauge. Please let me know if any of these are wrong. I get varying info from different websites.

P0560 -- System Voltage Malfunction... Most definitely low battery charge. I've had to jump start the truck on since it sat in the driveway for 4 months. UltraGuage shows voltage around 13-14. I'm assuming this is not enough.

P1536 -- Parking Brake Switch Circuit Failure... I have no idea here.

P0650 -- Malfunction Indicator Lamp Control Circuit Malfunction.... Again, no idea.

The only items that I can think of that are going on electrically in my truck are:
1. The clock backlight is out.

2. My left rear turn signal is not working. I swapped the bulb, but still no go. Must be a short.

3. I replaced the left rear turn signal lamp and bulbs. The bulbs work fine, however, the lamp comes loose fairly often, and I have to pop it back in place until I go over the next big bump. -- May be a short somewhere.

*Bonus*
4. I believe the PO had it wired for towing... Many wires have dropped and were hanging from the back bumper. A few of the wires are not connected to anything.... I just did my best to tie the wires together and tuck them up inside of the bumper until I figure out what to do about it.

Old 06-04-2013, 12:58 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

The Bosch ECU manual shows P0560 as battery voltage below 2.55 volts. That is very low, may indicate dead battery, or very dirty power connections.

The Bosch ECU manual shows that the MIL (check engine light) is monitored at initial start (bulb test) and until engine is cranked once key is turned to position 2. If the ECU thinks the MIL lamp driver is shorted to battery positive it produces this code.

The Bosch ECU manual explains how 1536 and other codes are created, it is monitoring the AC system, and the compressor clutch relay is indicated to be open circuit.

Voltage should be 13.6 - 14.4 at idle. Turn on lights, wipers, AC, etc. and it should not drop below 13.2 volts. Good voltage under load indicates the alternator is producing plenty of amps.

re: P1536 -- Parking Brake Switch Circuit Failure... I have no idea here.

Not sure where you get your code to text conversion. I tend to prefer the RAVE (page 346 of 1529 in the D2 workshop manual) or the Bosch manual issued for Rover. The generic lists that swirl about the internet have some standard codes, Rovers pick their own pathways.

Perhaps clear these codes and see how long before they repeat.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:00 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Also, if you are not pulling a trailor, remove the system he wired into the factory harness.
As for the lights, some time you need to clean and even tighten some of the bulb sockets for proper lighting.
Go get a free charging system test performed at your local parts store, I bet your alternator may not be capiable of the 13.6 to 14.4 voltage requirements needed for your truck.
And as Buzz said, clear the codes and see what comes back.

Old 06-04-2013, 12:04 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will do fellas.

The truck started up just fine this morning.

I guess I didn't check the RAVE to fault codes... didn't know they were there.

I'll add cleaning the sockets and removing the wireing to this weekends "to do" list.