Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Found Sorce of Vibratión...

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator
Received 105 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by javoli002

Now about Todd I agree That he is a Nice Guy and was actually Trying to help More than to get rich with Me but never the less I got the wrong Part and Flang alone cost me 80USD and it wasn´t even New (Plus a very expensive shipping)

My shop told me that most of the vibration got better when changing the flange and that they will attempt to Fix the Shaft since he doesnt Know or want to install for some reazon the shaft Todd sent. Now this is were I could Use some Help Please.
Shipping from Georgia to Mexico wasn't going to be cheap....but i know he only charges what the freight carriers charge. How much was it?

And once again...can you post a pic of the parts he sent you?

Last edited by jycsalas; 04-27-2009 at 10:33 AM.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:06 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

he refunded Half of the Money I sent Him ( with out shipping ) witch is fair enough Ill have the Pictures by tomorrow morning. Front flange even do it was Used seemed to reduce vibration by 85% now we are working on My old shaft see how it goes.

I´m still looking for an Oil Seal ( the one between th T case and the Tranny )

Keep you Posted.

Old 04-27-2009, 02:11 PM
Three Wheeling

Shop Just told me that balancing the front Drive shaft was going to be pretty hard since it´s Very Big and the balancing machine they Have will not work and they dont think some one else could do it for them But will do their best. Ill send pictures of the d shaft tomorrow as well

Old 04-27-2009, 02:57 PM
Super Moderator
Received 105 Likes on 12 Posts

Click here
http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/ICV100000.cfm

SEAL TRANSFER CASE MAINSHAFT
Item: ICV100000 In Stock! $9.95 Fits: Discovery I | '94 - '99
Discovery Series II | '99 - '04
Range Rover Classic | '89 - '95
Defender 90 | '94 - '97
Defender 110 | '93

Attached Thumbnails -untitled.jpg  
Old 05-14-2009, 09:40 PM
Three Wheeling

Hi again ..

Jycsalas... It´s been a real tough month sorry on not Posting but lost my Computer and this crisis added by the Swine Flu is really Kiking in my bussiness.

Well It also Turns Out I still havent found the source of vibration.. Changed Diff Oils I dont Know if there were any metal shavings But I strongly dont think so.

Only Thing Left is to Re balance the D Shaft and Check Diferentials.
But dont think Ill find anything there. Ill also chech Diff Mounts and hell Ill check all mounts but I´m really Getting tired Of this Truck.

Any Pointers will Probably get me interested again on my new car Hobby.

HELP

Old 05-15-2009, 08:03 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have had a vibration in mine for a while. Been tracing it on and off, and I knew it was not the shafts as I had rebuilt both of them.

Recently, I removed the rear shaft (as vibration seemed to be rear end) engaged the CDL and road tested, Much smoother........so thought about getting the shaft balanced, took it to a shop and they wanted it to be left with them for a week !!.......no good to me, anyway he ahd a good look at it and confirmed my theory that it is unlikely to be the shaft as it was in perfect mechanical condition.

So with that in mind I rang me m8 up, he come round and I swapped his shaft into mine, (good job I did, his shaft was loose and DEF in need of a good clean and grease, yet he had no vibe at all LOL)...took it for a spin and the vibe moved from 60mph - 65mph up to 75mph +. mmmm pretty much confirmed the shaft was ok.

So with that in mind I had to look elsewhere. next thing to look at was the mountings, the 2 rear T/box / tranny mounts.

They "looked" ok but it was quite easy to push and move the T-box around under the car, so I thought they could be a little "weak". Took the plunge and bought some new ones. Installed them yesterday. The r/h moint turned out to not be to bad when compared to the new one, but the l/h side twisted on itself when undoing the nut, and once removed I could physically turn it on itself about 45*, where as I could not move the new one hardly at all !!.

Once installed the t-box also hardly dropped when letting the weight back onto the mounts, and I found it much harder to move it all about under there. Took it for a spin and "bingo" no more vibe anymore!!

Im going to replace the engine mounts as a matter offcourse, so its not "always" a driveshaft issue if you have vibes at whatever speeds. Worth having a look..........

Last edited by Urban Panzer; 05-15-2009 at 08:05 AM.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:36 AM
Three Wheeling

Ill do everything you did , I was thinking Last Night that I had overlooked something.

My best Bet was D Shaft but Your Mountings experience for some reazon sounds very logical. and my Vibration is a Tipical Mounting as far as I Know.

Ill Try to find an extra D Shaft to replace and go for a spin . but that will be very hard since there are hardly any L Rovers down here.

But Thanks a Lot and Keep You Posted.