Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Antiroll bar bushings

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 09:54 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Front Antiroll bar bushings

Hi Guys,

I am in the proces of replacing my front antroll bar bushings to stop a clunk I hear and feel when I turn left and right.

I have a 2000 D2 with ACE.

What I thought what be an easy job has turned out to be a pain in the ***, I am looking for advice from someone who has done this before...

What I am having trouble with is getting the bracket back in place over the new bushing, I am able to one side but cant get the other side in place.

The car is on ramps right now. In searching the forum, someone mentioned jacking the truck so the front wheels are off the ground, so I may try this tonight. The RAVE doesnt seem to give specific instructions on the sway bar bushings, only as part of a larger job of removing the ACE system.

Any help is greatlyappreciated!!!

Andy

Old 09-24-2012, 10:21 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

How do you know it was the ACE bushings, they rarely fail. I check mine once a year and with all the trails I have been on, they are in surprise shape.
Did you check your tie rod end, all bushings and the radius arm bushings?
As for help with reinstalling the bushings try pull the power on the ACE, should be able to drop it's pressure making the mount easier to reinstall.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:12 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks Mike......
I went with the bushings because I thought they would be the easiest (NOT!) and cheapest part to change, but after removing them, I dont think they are the problem, as they are actually in great shape.

I will try your suggestion about pulling the power to the ACE.....should I remove the fuse/relay, or just unhook the battery?

Thanks!

Andy