Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front sunroof problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 12:48 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Front sunroof problem

I would think it's the sunroof motor, my 98 disco is doing the same thing, and my ecu has both front and back sunroof wires coming out of it, which would make me think that's not it; and i alsoswapped the switches and the back one still workedproving that it wasn't the switches.What's worse with mine is that it's not closed all the way, and every time it rains hard, it leaks a little, just haven't gotten a chance to replace the motor yet.

Old 03-20-2008, 12:59 PM
Drifting

ORIGINAL: herblatham

I would think it's the sunroof motor, my 98 disco is doing the same thing, and my ecu has both front and back sunroof wires coming out of it, which would make me think that's not it; and i alsoswapped the switches and the back one still workedproving that it wasn't the switches.What's worse with mine is that it's not closed all the way, and every time it rains hard, it leaks a little, just haven't gotten a chance to replace the motor yet.
That sucks man, thats for the info.

Old 03-20-2008, 01:05 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi, It could also be the connections on the front motor are corroded due to the usual leaky sunroofs on Disco 1 and 2 's

Its easy enough to check it out, all you need to remove is the screws holding the plastic storage / trim above your head, theres about 8 or 10 in total, there is also 1 screw behind the trim plate thats near the rear veiw mirror,disconnect thesunroof switches etc.

once thats out of the way you can easily see whats going on up there. it will enable you to disconnect the sunroof plug and check theres voltage at the plug. You can also use an "allen key / hex wrench" to manually wind the roof open / closed to check its not "physically" siezed.

Old 03-20-2008, 02:03 PM
Drifting

ORIGINAL: Urban Panzer

Hi, It could also be the connections on the front motor are corroded due to the usual leaky sunroofs on Disco 1 and 2 's

Its easy enough to check it out, all you need to remove is the screws holding the plastic storage / trim above your head, theres about 8 or 10 in total, there is also 1 screw behind the trim plate thats near the rear veiw mirror,disconnect thesunroof switches etc.

once thats out of the way you can easily see whats going on up there. it will enable you to disconnect the sunroof plug and check theres voltage at the plug. You can also use an "allen key / hex wrench" to manually wind the roof open / closed to check its not "physically" siezed.
Thanks, that is really great information, it just might save me from loading my RAVE CD