Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

got my truck last Saturday!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010 | 01:16 PM
gon
4wd Low

i am so sorry to hear that you had to sale it. I tryed to tell you handy man lol to look in getting a ex warranty for that land Rover, they need them. Wel I hope you well look in to getting one for your disco. I know they say that is not that much to fix but still JUST LOOK IN TO IT. I am so happy I got a ex warranty on my Land Rover if i didnt i would of been like you, end up saling it. try http://www.warranties4wheels.com/

Old 01-05-2010 | 02:47 PM
|
Mudding

Originally Posted by gon
i am so sorry to hear that you had to sale it. I tryed to tell you handy man lol to look in getting a ex warranty for that land Rover, they need them. Wel I hope you well look in to getting one for your disco. I know they say that is not that much to fix but still JUST LOOK IN TO IT. I am so happy I got a ex warranty on my Land Rover if i didnt i would of been like you, end up saling it. try http://www.warranties4wheels.com/
i didn't sell my s4 because it was broken, i sold for personal reasons.

thank you for your sympathy...

and i do still have my disco. and it is running fine.
thank you.

now F*CK OFF

Last edited by yesmar; 01-05-2010 at 02:51 PM.
Old 01-05-2010 | 02:58 PM
Rock Crawling

Ohh. This looks to be a start of a new episode of CSI Rover Forums. Come on and give us the background? I see no mention of any selling of anything in the thread. How did he figure out you'd sold one of your cars? (and why even care?) Was it the maid in the library that dropped the dime? Or was it Mr. Wobbles in the den? We need clues! Don't make us wait til next weeks episode to figure out that it was the newspaper delivery boy - Jacob.

Glad the Rover is still servin ya well! Happy New Year!

Old 01-05-2010 | 05:46 PM
|
Mudding

"Gon" has been pushing extended warranty advertisements on this thread since post #2. I think he read post #9 and figured "i sold my car" and thought it was another opportunity to throw in an "I told ya so" ad. ?

i don't know the guy, my truck has never died, or broke on me. i know I've only had it since October and if anything does go on it ill look forward to getting my own hands dirty. I'm not going to buy an extended warranty for a 15 year old car, id probably pay more yearly for the warranty, then the truck is worth!

why do you figure I'm on auto forums, cause i enjoy looking for solutions and fixing it myself. and the conversations with other enthusiast

happy new year

Last edited by yesmar; 01-05-2010 at 07:38 PM.
Old 01-05-2010 | 06:06 PM
Mudding

You and I have the exact same model DI down to the exterior/interior color. Glad to see another just like mine, I figured they were pretty rare!

I'm planning on taking mine down to the OBX for a few surf sessions this spring. Maybe tow the jet skis down and camp for a long weekend.

-Adam

Old 01-05-2010 | 06:15 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Welcome to the Disco world. It is satisfying when you get things working ont the Disco and it can show off. I do not have the D1, but a D2 in the same colors and last spring had it out on the beach at Kitty Hawk, NC. Fun time.

Old 01-05-2010 | 06:34 PM
Mudding

If you can do a t-belt on a 2.7t you can fix anything on these trucks. I hate having to remove the front of the car on my allroad for just about every repair. But man do I love the power.

Old 01-05-2010 | 07:01 PM
|
Mudding

wow last 3 posts, SMALL world!

hey baja got pics?. surfing, its literally the most fun you can have! obx surfing is either totally flat, or ***** to the wall, i love it!

here is 2 vid. i slapped together of our last trip to obx , there lame videos, but its us off roding in carova on obx! the first video has a walk around of my truck at the end. this was like right after i got it, i bought the truck n a couple days later we went straight to the beach
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfJBtETxWxI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH7BOAlyGks

Last edited by yesmar; 01-05-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old 01-05-2010 | 07:25 PM
|
Mudding

Originally Posted by Scott R
If you can do a t-belt on a 2.7t you can fix anything on these trucks. I hate having to remove the front of the car on my allroad for just about every repair. But man do I love the power.
yes I'm literally sick to my stomach every day since i had to sell it. ounce i get back on my feet I'm looking for a B5 S4 black with ivory interior. 6speed of course. i kept all my mods from my silver one so they are all waiting for their new home

Old 01-06-2010 | 11:48 AM
Three Wheeling

I just saw this post, and it brought me memories of my Audi A6 2.7 Bi turbo, i also had to change the timing belt once, and i do remember exactly the look of that first pic.

Good luck with the rover, im sure you'll enjoy it.