Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For grins and giggles, I pulled the transmission pan today.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 08:36 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Night Train
My sentiments right there, I threw in my .03 cents worth and obviously tornado is mature enough to take it or leave it. You may notice tornado hasnt responded to most of them. I'm not giving advice to "andy" in this thread and for the life of me I can not understand why he or she feels they have to make a stand here. Having said that, I agree with okdiscoguy!
I was just trying to stay out of the ****storm, lol! If I had an access to a welder, and had the know how to do it, I might have tried it. JB seems to be working ok, although it's still leaking like a sieve.

Gotta get ready for work. No more pissing contests unless I'm invited.

~Aaron

Old 03-24-2009, 09:36 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

wost case, you are out a few bucks in JB weld. You haven't paid $$ to have it welded together, only to find the tranny was shot. Once you have determined it will drive, and shift properly, I would suggest getting the hole fixed professionally, but I am sure you are smart enough to think these things already. Sounds like there are a couple of people that aren't giving you enough credit....

Old 03-24-2009, 10:41 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tornado_735,

10-4, you might note that I never mentioned which steps you absolutly should take or how many. I noticed right off you appear to have a plan of attack and from what I've seen so far you are doing a FINE job, I mean a Mighty Fine Job of sticking to it. Keep up the GOOD WORK!!

Robert

Old 03-26-2009, 06:24 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by okdiscoguy
wost case, you are out a few bucks in JB weld. You haven't paid $$ to have it welded together, only to find the tranny was shot. Once you have determined it will drive, and shift properly, I would suggest getting the hole fixed professionally, but I am sure you are smart enough to think these things already. Sounds like there are a couple of people that aren't giving you enough credit....
Originally Posted by Night Train
tornado_735,

10-4, you might note that I never mentioned which steps you absolutly should take or how many. I noticed right off you appear to have a plan of attack and from what I've seen so far you are doing a FINE job, I mean a Mighty Fine Job of sticking to it. Keep up the GOOD WORK!!

Robert
Thank you gentlemen for the compliments I think I am going to follow Spikes advice and drive this tranny till it croaks, and just have one on standby. I am not real sure of this one's health. It thunks a little bit when you force it to downshift.

I decided I was going to be proactive about this. I had longed for, desired, and dreamed about having a Land Rover Discovery for SOOOOOOO long, and now that I have one, I'll be damned if I let it sit there and be broken. Since I work thie F-ed up shift, and am more than likely going to **** my day away sleeping, I don't know how much is going to be done today. I might get up early...maybe 1pm, lol!

Old 03-26-2009, 07:52 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear the tranny is working.
I don't have any issue with anything any of the guys have said, aren't we all a on here because we are bored? Nothing like a good sparring match to keep life interesting