Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had to put in regular...

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 08:59 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Default RE: Had to put in regular...

I understand that. But what I am saying is why dont they put a PSA on the news telling people to carpool, plan your trips. Going to the bank today and the grocery tommorrow? Why not do it all today and then stay home tommorrow. Thats what I am talking about.
I'm just playing the devils advocate here.
We bought a used Volvo station wagon so that we dont have to drive the DI as the family car anymore. It seats seven and has more cargo room than the Disco. And it gets 30mpg.
We paid $2300 for the Volvo and we will recup that in gas savings inapprox12 months.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:16 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see your what you are saying but some of those aren't options where I and some live, now I have been taking my lunch to work so I don't have to drive anwhere for a bite. As for a more fuel efficent car I'm stuck with what I have and I'll have to suck it up and take it in the nards because the value of both the Excursion and Disco have gone down faster than a drunk girls pants, and I'm not going to give either them away, well I'm hooked in the Disco even after putting a good down payment down when I bought it in Jan. But yes I see what your saying....

Old 09-25-2008, 09:22 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

You're right, we do need to chill out and just conserve. Our mayor put out a PSA saying to carpool or DONT drive at all, but honestly I dont think many listened and some just dont have that option... On the other hand all high school sporting events are cancelled, all non emergency city jobs have the until monday off, tons of local businesses are closing for the weekend (economy??), and all city meetings have been called off. Pretty everything that can be cancelled has been, so we are taking reponsibility here in A-ville.

Its a mad house here right now, and it may seem like its something we could fix in a day or two but unfortunatly its just not that easy, even in a smaller city like Asheville. But all of us here got a real life example of how it would be if we ever do run out of fuel some day....

Old 09-25-2008, 09:27 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

oh and did I mention...
The top 3 current places in the USA with a shortage of fuel are:
1. Hawaii
2.Isolated Parts of Alaska
3. ASHEVILLE, NC

Old 09-25-2008, 09:46 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Cam, how does it feel to be in the top three? lol I am sure thatit sucks a$$.
Brook, I know what you are saying too. My love for the Disco is, well, wrong. I need to see a theropist.
And I know what you are saying about the Ford, its paid for and isint worth anything. I mean you couldnt sell it for what it is actually worth.
If I were you once I could afford it I would buy a car and then park the Ford behind the garage like a motorhome and put storage insurance on it.
When you need it call your agent and BAM!, its insured, once you are done with it go back to storage insurance. But thats just me.
And I really do understand that carpooling and taking the bus is not a option for 90% of the people in the US. Its not a option for me either.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:24 PM
Three Wheeling

Bought my LR almost three years ago and used as a DD with my Miatafrom college (paid for) and the Harleyasweekend toys. Earlier this year, the Miata and, mostly, the motorcyclebecame the DD's and the LR went to being the weekend toy - when it wasn't in the shop, that is. Sadly, I would have sold the Disco several times this year if the value hadn't dropped so far below what I still owe on it. Just hate the idea, now, of paying this much every month in payment and insurance (ridiculous here in WV) on something I don't drive but once or twice a month. Oh, and our state gas taxes keep our gas prices in the higher part of the nation's. Hard dose of reality, here, too!

Old 09-26-2008, 06:08 AM
Drifting

heh, in cali ive only seen one station sell out of gas so i drove 15 feet to another station and filled up.... some places have $75 limit on reg 100 on premium, but i just take nozzle out, put card in again, and finish filling lol.

Old 09-26-2008, 07:17 AM
TReK
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It looks like the East coast has the gas shortage .

I'm going on a small trip this weekend to New Mexico I will see if
anyplaces are out of fuel out west but I doubt there will be.

There is a large refinery in Big Springs that I will go by.