Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone ordered parts from John Craddock in the UK?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 02:29 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by 04duxlr
That's the newsletter. You just need to tape it back together.
Some people just aren't willing to put in the work for free magazines

Old 02-08-2014, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

I would, but i first thought it was a bonus air filter, so I stuck it in the filter box. can't find it now

Old 02-08-2014, 06:28 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by 04duxlr
Just kidding. I'm mostly of English descent, with roots in the US that go back well before the revolution. Which pretty much means my ancestors were run out of the UK.

By the way, I'm not originally from the Boston area but that's currently where I live. Talk about awful accents! Is the letter r really that offensive?
See, there was a time when the vast majority of Americans were of English/British decent. Sorry about your ancestors being chased out/driven/deported from the UK..................but it does prove one thing...............we are not that racist as everyone in the EU in Brussels says and thinks........................................ .....................................only joshing.

Hell, who am I to talk anyways, my ancestors were all immigrants from the most persecuted race on earth.

Old 02-08-2014, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by SuperSport
They are probably one of the best SS, I've used Goodrich brake hoses on all of my motorbikes and particularly on my race cars where a good pedal 'feel' is essential. The great thing is their quality consistency is second to none.

Old 02-08-2014, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
Thanks for understanding!

Plus, if we didn't make any money who would feed this guy?

He looks a great dog ZGP, he's just got one of those heartwrenching looks on his face

On the subject of your business and spares, if, as you say, the work that goes into your LR spares business is that thorough you should be commended not castigated for it I have no personal experience 'cos I live in Europe but I'm sure you have many returning and satisfied customers. I wish some of the outlets in the UK were more like that. As for France, 'I won't even go there' as customer service is an unheard of concept here, hence I source decent spares and tools from the UK, USA and Ireland and cheap, twinky non essentials from the far east. Even they have their place in the electronics technology supply chain as long as you don't need to rely on those parts too much.

Last edited by OffroadFrance; 02-08-2014 at 06:50 PM.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:51 PM
Camel Trophy

Thanks

It's not my company but I work for it, and will stand behind it any day of the week. If I don't like the company I work for, I wouldn't be on the forums supporting it while not being paid

Old 02-08-2014, 11:36 PM
Winching
Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

ZGPhoto.
I absolutely agree with you. I think you do an excellent job and I'd like to support you.

But when it comes to shipping to Canada, you completely loose me. I tried to order 6 plastic scrivets from you a while back. Six plastic envelopes with a tiny plastic piece in each. This was my shipping quote:
USPS Priority mail $35.00 2-5 days
UPS ground $25.002.4 days
FedX economy $60.00 1-2 days

$35 to $60 is just too high. I ended up getting them from Craddock shipped for £5.

Now, back to those ladyboys… Now where do I go again? Just asking for a friend…

Old 02-08-2014, 11:54 PM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by Fallstaff
ZGPhoto.
I absolutely agree with you. I think you do an excellent job and I'd like to support you.

But when it comes to shipping to Canada, you completely loose me. I tried to order 6 plastic scrivets from you a while back. Six plastic envelopes with a tiny plastic piece in each. This was my shipping quote:
USPS Priority mail $35.00 2-5 days
UPS ground $25.002.4 days
FedX economy $60.00 1-2 days

$35 to $60 is just too high. I ended up getting them from Craddock shipped for £5.

Now, back to those ladyboys… Now where do I go again? Just asking for a friend…
I hear you, and I appreciate the input.

That is exactly what Justin at L8 and I were talking about when he saw this thread. We just can't come close to competing with the UK when it comes to Canada. I have no clue why it's so difficult(we can't even ship shock absorbers up there!) to ship items to Canada, and WE'RE CONNECTED!!

It is truly a nightmare, and I cannot offer any explanation as to why that is.

But thank you for supporting us when it's economical!

Old 02-09-2014, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
Thanks

It's not my company but I work for it, and will stand behind it any day of the week. If I don't like the company I work for, I wouldn't be on the forums supporting it while not being paid
Commendable attitude ZGP. I wish there were far more people like you in the world of business rather than the takers and cruisers who just turn up everyday for the minimum set hours and take what they can for free.