Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with battery drain

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 06:53 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 99 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by drowssap
DGI 07

I think you misinterepted the purpose of the test light you are not using it to send power thru the curcuit, you are only using as a device to see if there is a draw on that curcuit. The light it going in line between the battery cable end and the battery terminal, so you are not sending any power into the curcuit only monitoring if there is a draw or not. I and many other mechanics have been using this simple test for better than 30 years and unless you are sending power with the test light you can not damage anything that I know of.

I appologize. i completely understand the purpose of the test tlight. I mis-read what you posted.

Old 07-29-2011, 07:05 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

no problem, good trick to keep in the on file, especially if your stuck on a trail or in the woods

Old 07-29-2011, 04:52 PM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep the batteries in the key fobs are replaceable, there's a little notch on the top where you can insert a screwdriver to pry the fob in half. I think that the rave has pictures on how to do it if i'm not mistaken.

Old 07-29-2011, 10:03 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm still working on a battery drain issue myself. One culprit was a sticky middle dome light switch and another was the security system lock issue.

Someone mentioned the ABS system... should I hear an incredibly faint sound coming from the ABS modulator when the truck is off and the hood is open? I can hear mine if I get close enough.

Old 07-29-2011, 10:35 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 84 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by HelenaRover
Someone mentioned the ABS system... should I hear an incredibly faint sound coming from the ABS modulator when the truck is off and the hood is open? I can hear mine if I get close enough.
Completely normal. I remember reading a thread or two on this ABS modulator noise, and while I cannot remember the technical specifics... mine has been making this noise since I got it about three years ago. It doesn't really matter how long the vehicle has been shut off; if I pop the hood to check fluids in my garage, and the dogs in the backyard aren't barking, I hear a faint "cheep, cheep cheep" sound from the ABS modulator. If I remove the 2 wire plug from the engine side of the modulator, the noise stops.

I know it is not causing a drain on mine because twice I have left it in an airport parking lot for a week, and returned to have no problems starting. And, that's with a 4+ year old crappy Auto Zone battery which came with the vehicle.