Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help help. ignition switch problem!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 02:56 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help help. ignition switch problem!

Ok guys, I've broke my Damn key of in the ignition! For about a month I could still start it due to the longer part of the key being inside. Well now I've pushed it in to far and don't know what to do.. there was a guy on here that said he didn't cut a single factory wire and used two buttons he bought from best buy and ran the accessory error to one button and the wire to the button to make it start an said his wife could've done it in 20 sec cause it's that easy.., well I'm not that smart I guess lol.. can anyone tell me how to start it like that and what color wires I need to make it start? It's a 2000 land rover discovery two series. Has a wire harness on top the ignition switch and two wires, black and white coming from the side.. please any help would be appreciated. Even call me 812 two six seven 0073, Jesse is my name. I've got until Sunday night or Monday morning then I've got WORK and no VEHICLE! Please, ANYONE! Thanks everyone, Jesse Farnsley.

Old 04-06-2014, 09:18 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If the key is still inside the switch could you not just start the truck with large flat head screw driver until you fix it? That's what I'd try first. May have to give the locked steering wheel a good wiggle whilst you do it... Cursing loudly helps mine turn over when the switch has a catch in it too.

Old 04-07-2014, 01:53 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kfx4001442
If the key is still inside the switch could you not just start the truck with large flat head screw driver until you fix it? That's what I'd try first. May have to give the locked steering wheel a good wiggle whilst you do it... Cursing loudly helps mine turn over when the switch has a catch in it too.
I already disassembled the ignition switch and extracted the key then glued that safety pin that allows key tumbler slide out.. flat head just wouldn't do it, the key was so far back it was in the spring assembly behind the key tumbler! I just pay now I can get a key made from a broken key or bring in my ignition switch to a lick Smith! Got work Monday and that's the only vehicle.. cursing already lol!
Thanks man!

Old 04-07-2014, 08:03 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

you have a better chance "bring in my ignition switch to a lock Smith", than having him cut a broken key.