Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!!! Immobilized!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 02:30 PM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question 1: Did you have all doors, hood and hatch closed and try the unlocking thing?

Answer: Yes.

Question 2: Speed of flashing light.

Answer: Very slow. Flash, pause flash pause flash pause. Horn does not honk when I use the key to unlock it either.

Key fob is not communicating with the vehicle, I guess, because the little light on the key fob lights up, but the vehicle won't listen to it.

Old 01-13-2014, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator
Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

Is the batter fully charged in the vehicle, or are you trying to start it via jumpstarting?

It takes a few minutes for the BCU/IDM to sync up (without any special equipment needed) after reconnecting the battery.

Originally Posted by rave
IDM
The IDM is integrated into the passenger compartment fuse box, which is mounted behind the fascia below the steering column. There are no harnesses between the fuse box and the IDM. The IDM performs the power switching operations for several of the vehicle's electrical systems.

The IDM communicates with the BCU and the instrument pack via a serial interface. If the BCU or the IDM is replaced, the communications link between the two units has to be re-established. This can be done either by switching on the ignition and leaving it on for five minutes, or by using TestBook. The vehicle immobilisation will remain active until the
communications link between the BCU and IDM has been re-established
Turn the key on and come back in a half hour and see if you can start the car. If not try to disarm the car by unlocking the door and try starting again.

Last edited by jafir; 01-13-2014 at 02:41 PM.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:46 AM
6th Gear

New battery. Left it on on for 30 minutes, tried everything again, still no dice. It just left on a rollback to the dealership for them to try and sync it only, not replace the bcu. If they're unable to resync, I will put a used bcu in and then have them resync it. I will let you guys know how it works out.

Old 01-14-2014, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator
Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by bulletsnbait
New battery. Left it on on for 30 minutes, tried everything again, still no dice. It just left on a rollback to the dealership for them to try and sync it only, not replace the bcu. If they're unable to resync, I will put a used bcu in and then have them resync it. I will let you guys know how it works out.
Typically BCU sync issues have symptoms where it will start and then immediately die. there should also be codes stored for the issue. If it won't crank at all, there is something else going on. They should be able to see if it's just immobilized or if there is a sync issue. At least I can see this with hawkeye.

Last edited by jafir; 01-14-2014 at 11:01 AM.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:04 PM
6th Gear

well, they called. Said I needed a BCU. I ordered one through a place in Texas and am having it shipped directly to them.

Old 03-20-2022, 06:30 PM
Drifting

and what happen with this problem??????