Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HID kit from eBay

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 07:30 AM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
Old 06-24-2012, 11:47 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Here is the link to the installation I wrote up. I have had my kit installed for 2 years now and never been flashed by another driver. I spent multiple nights making sure my beams were adjusted. I used painters tape on a white garage door to measure the beam at eye level. Then pull my car back 20,30 40, feet. This took even longer to adjust the fogs on a steel bumper. Its was a pain. I used 3/4" circle earth magnets as spacers. They hold the factory fog in place an will not move without a fight.

I can see the argument of the old style headlight housing from 00-02. But the 03/04 have a more concentrated beam, and do not spread light randomly. I would not have done it if I had the older style. Both are illegal but there is a definite difference.

HID Extra Headlight detailed installation

Old 06-24-2012, 01:33 PM
Mudding
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ngarover
Let me know if you actually get them... The seller has no feedback and it looks like this is the first thing he has sold... looks like a total scam to me.

Also this part....

Important: When sending payment please include the following information in the "Note to Seller" section of your PayPal payment. If this information is not included, your order will be delayed!

1. Bulb Size (Not sure what size bulbs your car uses? Search for your vehicle's bulb application here.)

2. Color Temperature

3. Contact Name and Phone Number

I thought the same thing. I submitted the info without my telephone number. I got a shipping notification early this morning for them. they are estimated to be delivered between 7/3-7/4. If they come, I'll make a post with pictures and results. If not, I gues I'll be filing a claim with my credit card.

Old 06-24-2012, 06:57 PM
Baja

Originally Posted by j.dstasio
If not, I gues I'll be filing a claim with my credit card.
Not sure how a CC company handles it when you file a claim for trying to purchase an illegal product, because not only is it illegal to install the kits, it's illegal to sell them as well.

Old 06-24-2012, 07:35 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by antichrist
Not sure how a CC company handles it when you file a claim for trying to purchase an illegal product, because not only is it illegal to install the kits, it's illegal to sell them as well.
not if they are sold under the pretense of being used as an off road only item

Old 06-24-2012, 08:04 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

I doubt the credit card companies even care.
If you were buying cocaine or a meth sure, but do they really know that these kits are illegal?

Old 06-24-2012, 08:35 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

If you bought them on eBay. Use eBay buyer protection first, its really easy and strong protection. They will just put the money back in your PayPal account if the item never ships. Use your credit card protection as your last resort.

Old 06-25-2012, 12:20 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by antichrist
This is one of the more ridiculous comments I've read on here in a while.

Old 06-25-2012, 01:35 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Spike555
If you were buying cocaine or a meth sure, but do they really know that these kits are illegal?
The problem with this analogy is that drugs are illegal always. HIDs are only illegal for use on public roads. Off road use is perfect legal.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:33 AM
Baja

Originally Posted by nate2k5
not if they are sold under the pretense of being used as an off road only item
The NHTSA doesn't recognize the classification, at least not for HID conversion kits.

Originally Posted by Spike555
Yeah, it's unlikely. But more and more people are getting annoyed and blinded by the kits (the reason why law enforcement is becoming more and more aware of them) so if you happened to get someone on the phone who knows they are illegal to sell...

Last edited by antichrist; 06-25-2012 at 05:37 AM.

Quick Reply: HID kit from eBay