Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

http://www.turner-engineering.co.uk/

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 01:54 PM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

Im in the same boat dont really need one, but i dont think i could put a top hatted motor together for less.

Old 05-02-2015, 09:37 AM
Received 313 Likes on 289 Posts

I have a 4.6 Turner Short Block, my experience with them was excellent. They are responsive, shipping was fast and easy to take care of.

The engine with the H180 cam is a huge upgrade over stock. I would wholeheartedy recommend Turner.

The following users liked this post:
cvhyatt (02-09-2020)
Old 05-02-2015, 11:26 AM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok. In very near future I am going to replace my engine with a long block. Are you guys telling me that I should go with Turner instead of Cannibal? I am ready to give the green light very soon.

Old 05-02-2015, 12:28 PM
Baja

You have to do your own research, but turner is one of the best in UK.
But the dollar was so weak that the prices were like 2k more 2-3 years ago. Now that the pound is 1.5 and not 2.5 it makes them affordable again.

Old 05-02-2015, 12:32 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by CollieRover
I have a 4.6 Turner Short Block, my experience with them was excellent. They are responsive, shipping was fast and easy to take care of.

The engine with the H180 cam is a huge upgrade over stock. I would wholeheartedy recommend Turner.
How did shipping work out? Do they take care of everything including customs? What was the shipping and handling cost? How did you handle sending the old block back?

Old 05-02-2015, 01:17 PM
Received 313 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by cybercop
How did shipping work out? Do they take care of everything including customs? What was the shipping and handling cost? How did you handle sending the old block back?
My block was cracked and I did not send back.

It was 2 or 3 days shipping through DHL. Being in Chicago it was at the Mechanic very quickly.

I don't recall what shipping was so I hate to misspeak. It has been a few years. I don't remember having any issue with customs.

If you have questions feel free to send them emails. They were really accessible and easy to work with.

I got a short block with the H180 cam and it was zero hassle.

Make sure you get good gaskets and hardware from Lucky8. I was just learning and would have been involved in the choice of all gaskets. Just to be safe. Also, I would have gone long block, but my ole cylinder heads had already been redecked.

Old 05-11-2015, 11:42 PM
Three Wheeling

OK ya got me. I've been waffling on a new motor after months of p0304 codes and dreaded knocking noises, and settled on calling Cannibal tomorrow. I'm in on group buy on a Turner though, if you more experienced gents are willing to get a new guy through it. I need a 4.6 SAI long block w/ front cover.

Old 05-12-2015, 12:59 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by ArmyRover
I agree with the swapping lower power for durability as well. I've never driven a 4.6 DII so I don't know how much of a difference there is in the feel of power between the 4.0 and 4.6.
Get the 4.6. Runs smoother, doesn't need to be pushed so hard like the 4.0. I didn't notice the difference in mileage if any, equally (un)economical

Old 05-12-2015, 01:04 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by CollieRover

For those who know... I could not find a mention of ARP headstuds on Turner's site- just guessing they use stretch bolts. Anyone know for sure? I sent them an email asking for a full quote incl the shipping and VAT. Will let everyone know what they respond with. I'll ask about a volume discount, and about the headbolts. D

Old 05-12-2015, 06:04 AM
Baja

I believe you are correct, I think I read somewhere they use their own stretch bolts

Quick Reply: http://www.turner-engineering.co.uk/