Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

http://www.turner-engineering.co.uk/

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator
Received 1,590 Likes on 1,306 Posts

Fyi you shouldn't have to pay VAT since you are not in the UK.

Old 05-12-2015, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

true that ^^^
usually a vat exclusion is an offered selection at check out, so you don't see the extra 20%

Old 05-12-2015, 09:07 AM
Super Moderator
Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

If turner doesn't have any SAI heads (but I'll bet they do, I've noticed that most NAS parts are available in the UK) you could probably send them a set to use to build your engine. Or order a short block and get some rebuilt heads from Will to put on it.

Old 05-12-2015, 06:28 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Turner replied to my email inquiry almost immediately. Redacted reply below, which really just confirms the info on their online store, an option I have no problem with other than the ARP studs question. Net- no go on the SAI heads or ARP studs. I'm gonna do the short block and source the reman heads in USA (thanks for the tip JAFLR and other options welcome). Prolly use ARP studs too.

REPLY FROM FRIDA TURNER=======================================
We thank you for your enquiry for our remanufactured Land Rover engines and have pleasure in submitting our offer for the following short engine assembly. I have quoted for the short engine assembly as your current engine has secondary air injection type cylinder heads. This cylinder head type is in short supply and we would advise having them reworked locally if required.

To Supply:
1 4.6l. V8 Petrol Short Engine assembly – remanufactur
New pistons, bearings, camshaft/timing equipment remanufactured crankshaft/conrods
block casting with ductile iron flanged liners fitted £ 2545.00
1 to fit H180 Sports Torque Kent Camshaft price per unit add £ 150.00

You may also require the following for each short engine:
gasket/seal kit £ 98.55
head bolt set £ 25.00
(we do not supply/fit ARP studs in combination with our Ductile iron flanged liners)
hydraulic lifter set £ 76.00
shim kit to set lifter pre load £ 20.00
front cover inc oil pump assembly £ 205.00
STC 4378 waterpump £ 65.00

1 DHL Economy air freight door to door customs cleared £ 250.00
(local tax/duty may apply)
1 insurance £ 25.00

The above prices are zero rated for export, core charge included. All items available from stock.

Old 05-12-2015, 11:59 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Can someone confirm the grand total it would cost to get a 4.6 complete unit shipped to New Hampshire? Core charge included? The above prices sound way to good to be true. If the US dollar went back up then I can see how it would be so cheap but I doubt it. But I have been eyeballing Turner for awhile now.

Old 05-13-2015, 06:32 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

$5200 WITH A CAM AND A FRONT COVER. but you also have a sai heads I assume so you would be buying a short block cam and from cover and have the head done locally so you would be around $4500. u do the shipping

Old 05-13-2015, 02:49 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by drowssap
$5200 WITH A CAM AND A FRONT COVER. but you also have a sai heads I assume so you would be buying a short block cam and from cover and have the head done locally so you would be around $4500. u do the shipping
not a smokin deal on a 250hp pushrod engine, but definitely a square deal relative to other disco options. SAI is a small drawback (who is Will btw?).

Old 05-13-2015, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator
Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

http://www.discoweb.org/forums/showthread.php?t=89668

I think Abran on this site also sells rebuilt heads.

Old 05-13-2015, 04:25 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by drowssap
I'm confused though because you have 2 different price tags. I think they offer a updated cam shaft and optional front cover which I would want. The whole assembly or as much of it as possible. Heads included. Locally I could have my current heads machined for roughly $300 but if Im going to buy a new engine from Turner might as well get their heads with it. Some people above were saying the cost of shipping was roughly $500 across the pond. That seems a little low. What about the core charge and your old engine? Do they provide you with a crate and everything to ship out your old engine or do you have to pay out of pocket to get your old engine shipped to them?

Old 05-14-2015, 12:10 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by TRIARII
I'm confused though because you have 2 different price tags. I think they offer a updated cam shaft and optional front cover which I would want. The whole assembly or as much of it as possible. Heads included. Locally I could have my current heads machined for roughly $300 but if Im going to buy a new engine from Turner might as well get their heads with it. Some people above were saying the cost of shipping was roughly $500 across the pond. That seems a little low. What about the core charge and your old engine? Do they provide you with a crate and everything to ship out your old engine or do you have to pay out of pocket to get your old engine shipped to them?
Getting the complete engine crated is my preference too. I called Cannibal because their site says “don’t email us if you are in the US, just call” still have gotten a call back, and the forum posts seem to indicate atleast a few months backlog. The Turner option has great forum reviews, they replied with a precise quote immediately (mail address on their website) for exactly what I wanted (short block+hot cam+lifters/shims+frt cover+water pump+ gaskets), have everything in stock and at low prices after exchange rates and shipping quotes to TX at 250 GBP or about $400 DHL. The only detractors being 1) the heads because my NA 04 D2 needs Secondary Air Injection heads which they don’t have in UK, so will source here, and 2) an oil pan also not a prob. Read D&D is a great complete engine option too, but didn't get a call back, and there are a few others too w/ a grt rep but went w/ Turner. Enjoy!

Quick Reply: http://www.turner-engineering.co.uk/