Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am back in my ROVER!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Would also point out to those doing the in-line mod, if you select a bleeder valve with a threaded stub that you can shove a clear plastic hose on, you can now vent into a bucket, and watch to see when bubbles stop. Not nearly as messy as dribble out the top of the hose method. Many owners stop dribbling because of the mess before the last of the bubbles make it out. Also allows you to rev engine and force out a bubble, instead of a coolant fountain you just fill up the bucket and eventually add it back if needed.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:34 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, thanks for clarifying that info you two. I had plans to go shopping today, but I guess I will clean the house instead he said he will try the hose idea when he gets home. He always has it running while bleeding. So if I take a picture on my iPhone, is it pretty easy to upload a pic.

Just so you know, he followed Josh's thread in regards to installing the inline. I will take pics tonight, doesn't mean I will know how to put them up.

Never thought I would miss my minivan but I gotta say.......

Old 01-06-2012, 11:07 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

when it's all straighten out you will forget all about your minivan

Old 01-06-2012, 10:59 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, here is what we did today.

Patrick went and bought the kit for $50 bucks to check for exhaust stuff in the coolant. We did the test twice, the first time the liquid turned green, which was scary, since yellow means we're screwed. We all know that yellow and blue makes green, but he did not have a tight fit. The second time we did the test, the bulb couldn't aspirate at all, which meant there was no damage.

I wrote this backwards, as we actually did the hose thing first, and got air bubbles out for like 15 minutes, until we finally stopped, and he went to the auto parts store to by the kit, thinking we were doomed.

How long do you have to bleed the line with the hose? Does the air ever stop?? I really want to drive it tomorrow morning to my sons hockey game which is 1.5hrs away. But I don't want to fry the engine

Idea's anyone??

Old 01-07-2012, 11:02 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

after 15 minutes of running you still have air coming out?
was it air like someone blowing threw a straw? or just a small bubble now and then?
was there heat inside the truck?