Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

interior rearview mirror remove and replace

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 05:10 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up interior rearview mirror remove and replace

Hello Folks,

I am new to this site, just bought a 96 Discovery for my voluptuous new girlfriend who would not settle for a japanese sedan. There are few hopefully minor problems, with the Discovery that is, the first is how do I remove the windshield mounted rearview mirror (fogged) -I have a used one from the previous owner that I want to install.

2) where are the switches for the power seats? There seems to be some plastic covers missing on the side of the seat frames but the mechanism seems to be all there.

3) the rear windows will not lower....is there a switch to make them active?

4) the driver side window makes a loud pop before lowering-sounds like the glass might crack.

5) the worst is that the heater hoses to the heater coil are not connected to the engine compartment.....probably a leaky core...any suggestions?

The most pressing issue is the review mirror. thanks

The good news is that there are no leaks from underneath, and it just passed a rigorous southern californial smog certification with flying colors -out the tailpipe.

Mark

Old 03-17-2010, 05:45 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Just push down firmly. It will pop off..

The switches for the seats are in the center console.

The button in the middle of the windows is to cancel the rear window switches. It should be pressed in. If they still don't work, you need to re-solder the joints on the PCB for the winow lift ECU behind your glove box.

There is a little plastic roller in the regulator that is broken. You can replace it with a brass one for $30 and never mess with it again. I personall opened mine up, used some plastic 2 part expoxy to fix the pieces back together and sanded to make round. GOing on 2 years and I am still good.

Replace the hoses and see if the core is leaking. Replace as needed.

Check out the sticky for major service. It is a must for new owners. Get a spare brake light switch, and download the rave manual in my sig. It is free and is what LR uses.