Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior wood trim kit, anyone actually have pics of thiers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 04:38 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Interior wood trim kit, anyone actually have pics of thiers?

I've been toying around with sprucing up the interior of my '00 Disco for awhile now, and after replaceing the ratty shift/ebrake gators, and thoroughly cleaning/treating all the leathers... i've been considering going for the wood trim look. The kit's online have god awful pictures, most not of my year, and the pixels are so small and colors so off, it's hard to tell what it ACTUALLY looks like.

Curious, has anyone here done it? I have a tan/tank interior now, I've found pics with the black interior, and some Range Rovers for the stick on kits, but if you can match my colors all the better.

Wish there was something I could do about the door suede door pieces, they look/feel so nice where they arent worn out or water damaged :-/

Old 12-09-2012, 10:35 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Anyone? *Bump

Old 12-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry i dont, you could buy a used set/pair of interior door panels that the suede is in better condition. Other than that I'm no help here.

Old 12-09-2012, 11:03 AM
Winching

Originally Posted by grandkodiak
I've been toying around with sprucing up the interior of my '00 Disco for awhile now, and after replaceing the ratty shift/ebrake gators, and thoroughly cleaning/treating all the leathers... i've been considering going for the wood trim look. The kit's online have god awful pictures, most not of my year, and the pixels are so small and colors so off, it's hard to tell what it ACTUALLY looks like.

Curious, has anyone here done it? I have a tan/tank interior now, I've found pics with the black interior, and some Range Rovers for the stick on kits, but if you can match my colors all the better.

Wish there was something I could do about the door suede door pieces, they look/feel so nice where they arent worn out or water damaged :-/
Here's one place Land Rover Discovery II 99 04 Wood Dash Kit Trim w Door Panels LDR DS 2B 38 Pcs | eBay , personally I'm not a big "wood" fan, but that's just me, I find it too "busy". As far as the door panels, you could contact a local auto upholstery shop and get a quote for them to recover your panels. (or find some junkyard ones)

Old 12-09-2012, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

A sign of the true enthusiast is planning road trips (business or family) by boneyards not yet visited...

Old 12-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Recovery Vehicle

lol there are no boneyards in NJ, not enough room haha

Old 12-09-2012, 06:42 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Interior

You can check my album. I actually just removed a few pieces because they looked added on. I removed the round wood grain trim piece around the steering wheel front emblem. I removed the shifter base and went back to the stock rubber pad. I also removed a small thin flat piece just above the receiver that was wavy in addition to the thing trim piece that went around the top dash vent close to the wind shield. You could see the gray 3M two sided tape at eye level.

I don't mind the rest of the wood grain on the face of the dash or the sides of the seat adjustments. The vertical areas look best. The horizontal pieces show the sandwich look with the gray 3M tape and can be wavy.

I hope that helps.