Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jolting and dying, then high idle

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 09:30 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this post will not help you in your endeavor to fix your problem. only moral support. i have a 99 disco 1. i've had pretty much the same problems for about a year. i have replaced the iac, cleaned throttle body, had a rover mechanic in town search for vacuum leaks, nothing, replaced the ecu and flashed it, induction cleaning, changed plugs and wires, bla, bla, bla. no change. funny thing is, it changes itself. i'll stall at a stop light randomly one day and then not again for months. sometimes it runs sluggish, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it idles high during cold crank, sometimes it doesn't. usually when it's warm, it idles just right in d and r. always jumps up to about 1500 rpm in p and n. it's my daily driver and it always gets me where i need to go. anyway, that's my story.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:21 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It has been a while but I got the truck working again. Turns out, there was something wrong with the chevy pump in the disco pump housing. The fuel pressure gauge read the correct psi, but the pump was sending so much fuel that it was stalling out right away. I had a used pump that I decided to throw in just to see what happened. (which is how I figured this out). Sure enough, the truck idled again. 1500 rpm, but she stayed running. One more trip to the dealer (had a 20% off coupon.... somehow he price ended up the same, seems they adjusted the price for the coupon, anyway) to reset the adaptive values and I have a functioning truck again. Afterwards I threw the new ford injectors back in and a new fpr just for the hell of it (i'm sure if I didn't it would've broken within a few days ;-) and she now has more umph and gas mileage. Anyway, thanks to those who gave me advice!

T