Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Knock Sensor - Replacement Part Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 11:28 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did not test it specifically. While less expensive than the dealer's version, it visually appears to be the EXACT same sensor as the one it replaced (both Bosch). Perhaps I'll swing by the dealer and get one there just to test it out. I can always return it if that's not the issue I suppose.

Old 03-03-2012, 02:21 PM
Three Wheeling

Just wanted to close out the thread. Before I went messing with the harness, I decided to test to make sure the new knock sensor I had put on wasn't faulty. I ordered another from Rock and guess what? All fixed. Turned out that my first replacement sensor WAS faulty. I'll send it back. Now, hopefully no codes will come on until I can get back to the NJ DMV for reinspection.

Thanks everyone for your advice. As you know, this forum is great.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:38 AM
Three Wheeling

This thread is back from the dead. So, within 50 miles of my replacing that sensor, I get the code again. After cursing amply (I literally shut off the radio to hear myself curse.), I decided to throw in the towel and take to the dealer.

Turns out that a previous mechanic (prior to my ownership) working on the power steering had ratcheted down a bracket and caught knock sensor wiring behind it. He had ratcheted it so tight that it had impacted the connection, hence the erratic behavior.

Hopefully, this is the end of this thread. And if anyone needs a knock sensor, I have a few handy.