Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lift Measurements

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 11:05 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jafir
My guess: you're rear numbers are little lower than some other people's because you've got a seven seater. It looks fine to me. Even rave shows that the stock numbers are .7 inches higher in the front, I'm guessing because the front wheel well is probably bigger to allow for the wheel to be turned while flexing the suspension.
Hmm. I have an SE7 seven seater and my measurements are the same and mine sits dead level.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:12 AM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wreckdiver1321
Hmm. I have an SE7 seven seater and my measurements are the same and mine sits dead level.
Hey wreck... did you install your lift yourself? Next month I will be lifting my SE7 with SLS and I have really been debating going to coils or sticking with SLS. I think I am going to stick with SLS though and do the spacer option like you did. Did you find a good write up on how to do this? Any advice in heinsight?

Old 12-13-2012, 11:53 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bballjames
Hey wreck... did you install your lift yourself? Next month I will be lifting my SE7 with SLS and I have really been debating going to coils or sticking with SLS. I think I am going to stick with SLS though and do the spacer option like you did. Did you find a good write up on how to do this? Any advice in heinsight?
Mind if I send you a PM with pics and info?

Old 12-13-2012, 12:28 PM
Winching
Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by coors
My measurements show that it sits lower, but in person the rear actually sits HIGHER than the front. Am I measuring at the wrong points of reference??? WTH!
Yes. The wheel arches are not level. The front is higher. So to level the car, measure to the trim line, the one that runs under the door handles.

My advice is to lower the rear end so that it is level or up to 1 inch higher. I advise against lifting the vehicle more because even if you correct the caster, the driveline angles, and provide additional travel length shocks, the center of gravity is higher which affects handling and stability on and off road. Heavy duty springs are a bad idea if you don't actually have the weight. Small spring spacers are ok, but they don't really do anything good.

Old 12-13-2012, 12:53 PM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wreckdiver1321
Mind if I send you a PM with pics and info?
That would be great! Thanks

Old 12-13-2012, 01:10 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by binvanna
Yes. The wheel arches are not level. The front is higher. So to level the car, measure to the trim line, the one that runs under the door handles.

My advice is to lower the rear end so that it is level or up to 1 inch higher. I advise against lifting the vehicle more because even if you correct the caster, the driveline angles, and provide additional travel length shocks, the center of gravity is higher which affects handling and stability on and off road. Heavy duty springs are a bad idea if you don't actually have the weight. Small spring spacers are ok, but they don't really do anything good.
Thanks. I'll take measurements from the ground to the body lines and see where I am. After some consideration, I don't want to go any higher than the rear - I'll add spacers to raise the front to sit level w/ the rear.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:39 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default lift

coors here is what mine looks like with a 3" TF HD. I have 1" spacers for the front that I got from Lucky8 but am going to wait to put them on until my Tactical Rover rear bumper is on and the TF rock sliders with tree bars are on. Bumper is here just waiting on the sliders. If you can hold off and I dont need the spacers I can make you a good deal on the spacers I have. You have a friend in Mississippi lol. I think you have my number...

Attached Thumbnails Lift Measurements-imag0527.jpg   Lift Measurements-imag0528.jpg  
Old 12-14-2012, 06:01 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

There is no Terrafirma 3" lift kit for the DII. They make +3" shocks but not +3" springs. It's all very clear in the terrafirma catalog that they have available.
Accessories and Performance Upgrades for Land Rover Vehicles | Terrafirma Serious 4x4 Accessories

Old 12-14-2012, 06:08 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I will look into this on Monday ZG

Old 12-14-2012, 07:14 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Yeah see what it says on the springs themselves, I'd be interested to know.

Quick Reply: Lift Measurements