Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lost running lights - Right Side

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 12:19 AM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost running lights - Right Side

Hey guys,

I was installing a tow adapter, splicing into the passenger side tail lights. Long story short, the running lights on the right side (rear and front) stopped working. Seems like it happened after I pulled a little on the harness to get more slack to work with.

I've tested all the wires interacting with the new adapter spliced in and there's nothing crossed, loose, or grounding by all accounts.

I was gentle, but get the feeling I might have tugged something loose deeper within the harness :/ Or??

I'd love to hear some of the group's more experienced thoughts on what I might have done, or some tips to maybe find a workaround? I've spent a good amount of time on my own (handy with a wrench, but humble) and can't seem to find any obvious solution.

Thanks in advance.

Here she is, a 2003 Disco II with 85k miles. Been fixing her up over the past six months. Running great otherwise!

Old 05-01-2017, 02:20 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

You blew the fuse for the right side markers. Check the fuse panel on drivers side interior.

The following users liked this post:
Scott Pargett (05-02-2017)
Old 05-01-2017, 03:59 PM
5th Gear

Thanks bud, that did the trick. Had a feeling it was (hopefully) a fuse. Just had trouble finding all the different fuse boxes throughout the truck!

Originally Posted by Motorhead1
You blew the fuse for the right side markers. Check the fuse panel on drivers side interior.

Old 05-01-2017, 05:26 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

I learned about the left/right side lighting circuits the hard way, no one told me, I had to read the book and wield the test light.....I was mad at first because I thought "why would LR do this?", but then I realized it's actually genius. Makes for trouble shooting a wiring short/issue easier. The problem has to be on the side that's blowing the fuse??? correct?? It was one more reason for me LR up talking. Kind of like having the diff pumpkins on the same side of the rig? Who woulda thunk? Crazy brits.

The following users liked this post:
Scott Pargett (05-02-2017)
Old 05-02-2017, 03:47 PM
5th Gear

Yes, such a great tool to help troubleshoot. Didn't expect it to have fuses for each side, which is why I worried it might have been a connection *somewhere*. Thanks again!

Originally Posted by Motorhead1
I learned about the left/right side lighting circuits the hard way, no one told me, I had to read the book and wield the test light.....I was mad at first because I thought "why would LR do this?", but then I realized it's actually genius. Makes for trouble shooting a wiring short/issue easier. The problem has to be on the side that's blowing the fuse??? correct?? It was one more reason for me LR up talking. Kind of like having the diff pumpkins on the same side of the rig? Who woulda thunk? Crazy brits.