Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low Beams Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2021, 07:51 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low Beams Not Working

Hello,

I am new to this forum and searched but did not find the final answer/cure. We have a 2001 and the high beams work, the low beams do not, the parking lights do, the side markers only flash when locking. We have replaced the light stalk, checked the recomnended fuses inside and under hood. New relays on core support. Swapped relays in fuse box. Checked bulbs. There is no power to the light connector when you put on low beams. At the relays the high beam relays click and function fine. I do not hear a click on low beams, there seems to be power to one wire/connector at the relay, unlike the high beam two turn hot. Does it have anything to do with the side markers not coming on or the fog lights not working either? The switch for fogs does light green. What are my next steps?

Thank you,

Scott

Old 09-13-2021, 09:00 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 766 Likes on 502 Posts

are the wires in the connector good? I haven't had this issue with headlights but my indicators have both had to have new connectors wired on due to corrosion.

Old 09-14-2021, 02:44 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,167 Likes on 842 Posts

If all of your fuseable links, fuses (engine compartment -all fuses and drivers compartment - fuse 9 and 10 - RH and LH lowbeam fuses) and connectors look/check out good...my next thought would be IDM (Intelligent Drivers Module), which is located inside drivers compartment fuse box, internal part, can't be replaced unless replacing entire fuse box.

You should download LR Electrical manual...should be a link here somewhere or someone will come along and provide it, it's free and very, very handy.

Old 09-14-2021, 06:49 AM
Received 392 Likes on 305 Posts

if the bulbs are good and you have power at relay, i would jump relay to see if they come on, also is that not your day time running lights same as low beams ? not sure if there is a module for the DRL i would check the rave manual

Old 09-14-2021, 09:19 AM
3rd Gear

[QUOTE=redwhitekat;791713]if the bulbs are good and you have power at relay, i would jump relay to see if they come on, also is that not your day time running lights same

I will try to jump today, I would like to get a wire diagram to follow to wires too. The DRL/Parking lights are a separate bulb and wire harness. The low/high has a H4 connector and share a common 3 wire lead. On first appearance it seems that the low beam is not outputting power to the end/bulb or the relay is it is not completing to the output lead on low?

Old 09-14-2021, 09:18 PM
3rd Gear

Ok, we got it, the last owner put a H4 9003 bulb upgrade harness on for hi output bulbs. We traced it to the white harness leads to the lights is bad. A new harness on the way to replace this one. THank you for the suggestions