Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Major Rover Anxiety

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2013 | 10:05 PM
Mudding

As I read here early this month. You might as well park it in the garage, because if you drive, at some point something is going to break and when it does it is going to cost you something.

No go climb a mountain, with that thing, beat the living crap out of it have some fun!

Old 11-29-2013 | 09:57 AM
Drifting

I just got my 04 last year. Same thing it had minor problems pop up here and there. Each time something came up I was questioning my decision on purchasing it, price was same ballpark as yours only I have higher miles. But we love our Rover! In fact my wife has pretty much taken it over.
Is it the CD changer or in dash. Our changer didn't seem to work when we got it but after a year I tried it again, just pulled out the cartridge a few times and inserted it again and it worked.
Good luck with your heat and wiper situation, there are a lot of knowledgeable people on this forum.

Old 11-29-2013 | 04:20 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by Sandee35
Just aquired this 2004 disco II 2e7 in October and already having problems. She has 75k and looked excellent. Immediately my rear door wouldn't open, fixed that. Now that it has gotten cold my heater blows cold when sitting idle and made gurgle noises... coolant was low... added more... still no dice. Cold as hell. Windshield wipers won't work if it's too cold out either. After it heats up, the wipers will work. Now my CD player won't work... wtf!??? I seriously have buyer's anxiety right now. Bought it for 10 grand and now I am regretting it. Anyone have any clue as to wtf is going on here???

I bought same year, model, as yours, with about same mileage, for about same price as yours, last summer. My Engine sounds like a million dollars; not even any ticking valve train; not a drop of oil leaking anywhere, from anything (no, everything has right amount of oil that needs oil). Mine needed minor attention for a few things, but I like working on them, so did all the work myself; very happy with my purchase. Hopefully, you will too, soon. However, I have always said that if you are going to own a Rover, you need to work on it yourself, and know what you are doing, or will learn to do so, OR, you need to have very deep pockets full of cash to hire someone else to work on it for you--no exceptions! If you can't deal with this, you need to not own a Rover, for it could drive you insane!