Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Disco is CRYING!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014 | 08:24 AM

As Jared says, hit one task at a time. Firstly download RAVE and study the parts you need as it's pretty basic stuff. Then print off the parts you need before each task (cheap rapid print double sided). Follow the instructions as you do each job. Collectively there is a wealth of know how on this forum and the vast majority will help you in each task with some gems of their hard earned knowledge and it's worth a million $$$$ as some is short cuts not in RAVE. Also checkout other LR forums in the evenings like Aulro the Aussie website they are also great guys and v. helpful. Where possible don't just throw money into the main dealers for work as they are v.expensive and no better than you can do in many cases. Importantly list a priority schedule and attack each job by priority and think through as whilst one part is stripped off you may find access easier to another part or job. Keep posting and if you are stuck someone will help you. Good luck ........... remember .............. all of these guys are your pals are will help you if possible.

Last edited by OffroadFrance; 09-18-2014 at 08:27 AM.
Old 09-18-2014 | 05:01 PM
|
5th Gear

Update from my mechanic:
1) Power steering pump (and gaskit) are good... it's the pipe that is cracked.
2) The antifreeze is leaking from the "thermostat" per LR (my mechanic keeps calling it the "housing assembly").

So both those are getting fixed. Hopefully that will solve her crying issue and then I can focus on the other quirks that are my Disco.

Old 09-19-2014 | 12:44 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by FrauBurau
Update from my mechanic:
1) Power steering pump (and gaskit) are good... it's the pipe that is cracked.
2) The antifreeze is leaking from the "thermostat" per LR (my mechanic keeps calling it the "housing assembly").

So both those are getting fixed. Hopefully that will solve her crying issue and then I can focus on the other quirks that are my Disco.
that's great news! both of those repairs are fairly cheap.