Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My (failed) option B SVS fix attempt - thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 10:03 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My (failed) option B SVS fix attempt - thoughts?

Hey everyone. Thanks for all the contributions to this site so far, I lurk almost every day but don't post very often. But I'm gonna need a bit of help now.

i've had the three amigos constantly on since I bought the car (the lights for the TC and ABS are VERY dim, so I only noticed HDC when I first bought it). And about 2 months ago I had a indy rover shop read my codes with their fancy equipment. I was told it was something to do with the shuttle valve switches, and the part needed would cost about ~$200, plus labor. I'm fairly certain it was the error that is displayed in the sticky at the top of the page. I thanked them but turned down the repair by them hoping to do it myself later.

Fast forward to today. I follow the sticky guide at the top, option B, word for word. Upon removal of the bottom plastic cover I test the switches resistances and it matches pretty closely to the guide (3.01, 2.02, 1.02) So this means my switches are good and the repair should work? I then wired one switch to the YG wire from the main harness side ( solder, heatshrin) and the other to the bolt for ground (Used metal wire wheel to make sure of good ground). This did not clear my lights, so I then went back and checked the resistances with the switches still instaled on the ABS unit and they are all to spec.

So what does this leave me with as far as options? I know the swtiches are good, as well as the connections with my proper option B repair. What fuses/relays could trigger the lights? Could I still have a bad wheel sensor somewhere? And if so can I diagnose this in my garage without a special rover reader tool?

Thanks in advance!

Old 12-11-2011, 11:27 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 84 Likes on 73 Posts

I recommend getting the codes scanned again, or buying/renting an ABS Amigo and checking them yourself (several members of this forum rent them for a nominal fee) and then reply back with the EXACT code number. "something to do with the shuttle valve switches" is rather vague...

Old 12-12-2011, 09:52 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

First, realize the lights won't go away on their own, it takes a scanner to clear them.
Go get your codes read and get back to us with your fault code numbers, then we can help you.

Old 12-12-2011, 04:48 PM
Three Wheeling

Mike, you were correct. I thought I remembered reading the codes/lights would go away by themselves but I had a guy clear them with the autologic a couple hours ago and everything seems to be fine now. Certainly a weird feeling, never driven this car without all those lights staring back at me.

Now the driveshaft is rebuilt and back in, CDL mechanism installed, and TC is back. Time to finally take this off-road for the first time. Though I still need to remove that damned lo-range lockout solenoid. . .

Last edited by cipher982; 12-12-2011 at 04:50 PM.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:03 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by cipher982
Mike, you were correct. I thought I remembered reading the codes/lights would go away by themselves but I had a guy clear them with the autologic a couple hours ago and everything seems to be fine now. Certainly a weird feeling, never driven this car without all those lights staring back at me.

Now the driveshaft is rebuilt and back in, CDL mechanism installed, and TC is back. Time to finally take this off-road for the first time. Though I still need to remove that damned lo-range lockout solenoid. . .
Guys--I'm Having The Same Issue. I Have An ABS Amigo And I'm Still Pulling Code 114 From My System. Rechecked All Connections And All Appears Good. SVS Switch Is Reading 1.01, 2.01 3.01 As Suggested. The Only Thing I Can Think Of Is A Faulty Ground Outside Of The Repairs That Were Made. Any Thoughts?