Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help rewire sidemarker/turnsignal

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 07:23 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help rewire sidemarker/turnsignal

i put an after market front bumper on my 96 D1 and as a result i lost my front side markers. i believe i need them to pass inspection, also would a hassle to get pulled over for something like that.

anyway so my turn signals only come on when flashing and now i need them to be on constantly and also flash when turning. is there anyway i can achieve this by rewiring the side marker into the turn signal?

i think i read about someone doing this before but now i cant find it.

thanks in advance

Old 03-05-2010, 09:22 PM
Rock Crawling

Huh?????

Old 03-06-2010, 06:22 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

photo please.

Old 03-06-2010, 08:24 AM
Mudding

ok i was sort of concerned with my stock front bumper and lack of recovery points ect, so we got a cheap safari gard front bumper for a rrc with skid plate and the bomb proof swivel recovery points. everything fit perfectly the bull bar is a bit too low (for the RRC) and seems to interfere with the disco headlights but does not.

anyway it was a bit scuffed up and showed some signs of surface rust. i sanded the problem spots down and resprayed the whole thing with a rust-stop type of paint. i think it looks great and im very happy with my outcome of this project considering the price.
the thing is so strong i feel like i could drive through a brick house.

ok so now this bumper does not have any lights on it (ill be getting hella lights for the front) but i think i need side markers

im trying to figure out what this guy did
http://www.eastcoastrover.com/116.html down towards the bottom

this guy explains what im trying to do better then i can, but i dont know what he did.

"While we had the wiring for the nose of the Disco apart we made a change so that the front marker lights will turn on inside the turn signal. We did this because this Disco will be getting a Safari Gard front bumper, and to install the SG unit you delete the plastic bumper end caps that hold the side marker light. Our modification will still give the Disco an amber front marker (or parking) light so it can be seen in a parking lot, and it will look bone stock, and it is all done with factory Land Rover parts."

here are my pics

Last edited by yesmar; 03-06-2010 at 10:27 AM.